Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
LOL Tell me about it, Bonnie . . . John (FI) is a day trader & trades from home . . . and let me tell you, it was one hectic household today!
LOL, I can imagine, it must be TOTAL CHAoTic! In my past life, I served day trader clients, who trade at home using discount broker trading platforms. I hope your FI's trading platform didn't went down today (usually, discount brokers' trading platforms tend to crash/have malfunctions when the market is volatile and volume spikes). Of course, then there were those who had their orders SENT during the system outage but didn't know if they get fills or not...meanwhile the market moves super fast!

I haven't got a really exciting storey about how i met FI. I went to a party with a friend and met Dan there. I got to know him for a year before we got together (as had Harrison, wanted to make sure he was right for me aswell as Harry)...We got together in 2002, he proposed on a beach in Rhodes in 2004, bought a house in 2005, had Scarlett in 2007 and now getting married in 2011 (hopefully)! :o) x

My BM fucshia bridesmaids dresses arrived this morning! They are lovely (very bright, but lovely)! Kate n Laura flew out to Turkey this morning for a holiday so i will have to wait a week to see them in theirs! I will get my sister round to try hers on though! :o)

I just want to introduce myself! After a lot of back-and-forth, I have confirmed my wedding date of April 8, 2011 at Moon Palace Cancun. I am in the process of trying to get some prices from travel agents - I am trying to keep it under $2000/adult.

Figuring everything out has been a bit overwhelming, but I am happy that we got the date and resort part figured out!

Another 2011 bride here! We got married at JoP 4 years back but are now having a religious wedding where all our family can attend at Dreams Cancun resort on Valentines Day 2011 for our 5 year anniversary! FINALLY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexbride83 View Post
I'm loving all of these stories! It's so fun to hear all the unexpected ways that people meet these days:) Especially you women that proposed yourselves. Good for you!!
Awww, me 2... I love to hear how people met :-)

welcome3.gif to the new brides here too xox

I wish I proposed my fiance, we would've already been married by now! I was bugging him for a year before he did it! :)

FI and I worked together for about a year before we started dating. I never really had the courage to talk to him first. Plus I had some baggage as I was getting out of a relationship- which he knew just from being outside on break at the same time and him hearing me talk about it. I used to talk to all my co-workers about how much I think him and I would be so good together! We always refered to him as my "boyfriend" when he walked by! LOL

Then I was out of work for a week on vacation, before I left I told my co worker "watch when I'm gone, he'll miss me!" While I was out for the week he was asking my co worker all about me, and we started talking the day I got back from vaca! We've been together almost 4 years now!