Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeCee76 View Post
Me and FI will be planning a family soon after the wedding mariachi’s stop playing. I’m in my early 30’s and he’s in his late 30’s, so we want to get started right away. I hope to have 2 before 40.
You're so cute...I love the way you phrased that! FI and I will both be 30 when we get married and people are very eager to ask when we plan to start a family. I work around babies every day so I get my fill and FI is still kinda scared of kids...LOL. I think our dog will be an only child for a few more years

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
Have any of you looked into how many weddings they do in a day at your hotel as this is a fear of mine - looking on some of the other hotel threads someone said there were 6 weddings at her hotel on the day she got married. It almost makes it seem like a bit of a merry - go - round i would absolutely hate it. 1 or 2 others maybe but 6!!! I know where i am going is one of the much smaller resorts but havent looked into how many they do in a day......may have to have a look into this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post
Those from the UK looking for shoes try :-

Upper Street - HOME

you can design your own, not cheap but like the idea!
My hotel told me 3 a day but at busy times of yr that could change. Our resort is massive with 5 hotels onsite. I read that there was once 6 but it wasn't like a conveyor belt or anything. The weddings were at different times and in different places and none were aware of the other..... If it were a small resort i would worry but as long as my day goes to plan i dont mind who else gets married that day. If it doesn't effect me. Ideally i think all brides would want one per day but the hotels will try to accomodate people as well as they can. Might be worth you double checking with your WC if it's something your worried about.

That website is great. I could spend all day on there designing shoes. Although a bit pricey! It's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
I'm just hoping the Mexico price is right on thurs. (getting a little anxious about it now) I will look online first thing thurs morning. See if they are on there. If Thomas Cook prices are out then Cosmos must update theirs as they use Thomas Cook airlines!!

As for E,ring. I am defo taking mine. I wouldn't go without it. It wont leave my hand i dont take it off when we're abroad. On the wedding day i will wear it on my ring hand!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janapana View Post
One of my main worries tho is that i´ll end up waddling through the garden to my wedding the size of a whale.
¡¡¡¡¡MUST NOT GET PREGNANT!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
Have any of you looked into how many weddings they do in a day at your hotel as this is a fear of mine - looking on some of the other hotel threads someone said there were 6 weddings at her hotel on the day she got married. It almost makes it seem like a bit of a merry - go - round i would absolutely hate it. 1 or 2 others maybe but 6!!! I know where i am going is one of the much smaller resorts but havent looked into how many they do in a day......may have to have a look into this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeCee76 View Post
Nicyx, My cousins wedding was small intimate family affair. It was really nice and she was so happy. This is her second, so Iâ€m glad everything went well for her.
Me and FI will be planning a family soon after the wedding mariachiâ€s stop playing. Iâ€m in my early 30â€s and heâ€s in his late 30â€s, so we want to get started right away. I hope to have 2 before 40.
Quote:
Those from the UK looking for shoes try :-

Upper Street - HOME

you can design your own, not cheap but like the idea!
I know what you mean Michelle im also very anxious like you... Longest week of my life this week :-) I am so scared the price is going to be so much more than we thought!!! Im sure Cosmos will have to update theirs along with the other airlines as they would be daft not to....... How stupid am I never thought to wear my E-ring on my other hand!!! Doh... good idea :-)

janapana.... Your so so funny, you make me giggle :-)

josietoms.... I think our hotel only does 1 wedding a day so im pleased with that as i would hate to feel rushed :-( I think like Michelles resort it wouldnt be to bad if its massive and you wouldnt know they were happening but im glad its a 1 wedding per day rule at RPRM x Im sure your TA will be able to answer for you in no time x

CeeCee76... Arrrrr, your cousins wedding sounds lovely :-) Congratulations xo

roxmysockz.... Ooooo, fab site!!!! Thanks x

Haha, All this baby talk is funny, I cant even think about that yet..... :-) Some of your comments have had me in stitches tonight, thanks ladies just what i need after a crappy day. Y'all so funny :-) x

OMG i'm so excited. I've ordered some bridesmaid dresses!!! Whoop!! I see them in a magazine and looked them up online. Mailed them to my girls and all three loved them!! So i've ordered. If they are any good i will post a pic.... My only concern is the colour stated 'nude' but they look more pink. So we'll have to see when they get here! Fingers x'd they are pink or pinkish. I did want a definate pink for the girls but this dress was to pretty to pass up looking at and easy on the budget too :o)...

Quote:
OMG i'm so excited. I've ordered some bridesmaid dresses!!! Whoop!! I see them in a magazine and looked them up online. Mailed them to my girls and all three loved them!! So i've ordered. If they are any good i will post a pic.... My only concern is the colour stated 'nude' but they look more pink. So we'll have to see when they get here! Fingers x'd they are pink or pinkish. I did want a definate pink for the girls but this dress was to pretty to pass up looking at and easy on the budget too :o)...
Ooh where they from? show us a pic!!

I ordered my knock off wedding dress because it wasnt avaliable over here until june, seems like every may edition wedding mag now has it in there not sure if thats a good thing or not?!

Quote:
OMG.... As roxmysockz says.... Show us a pic :-) Ooooo, i cant wait to start ordering stuff.
So far i have the barefoot sandles and backdrop neckless I have made, i have bought my white wedges (still going to look for aqua/turquoise wedges too) for the reception, got my DIY hair flower. I actually have got or done anything significant :-(

Please post Michelle :-)

Im sure its a good thing roxmysockz and you can at least say you had it first :-) x

Quote:
Ooh where they from? show us a pic!!

I ordered my knock off wedding dress because it wasnt avaliable over here until june, seems like every may edition wedding mag now has it in there not sure if thats a good thing or not?!
of course its a good thing....you'll have it before everyone, and you'll have paid WAY less! Can't wait to see some pics of it!

Hi Jenn,

I'm Rachel and I just joined too. I'm planning on getting married next year just not sure of the date. I'm actually heading to Riviera Maya in May to check out a few places. Are you using a travel agent or have you talked to any of the resorts via email? I have to do something family friendly since we have kids going. Many of the adults only places are really nice if you don't have kids that will attend.

phew! i thought I was ordering stuff too early!

photographer: deposited

resort (wedding date): deposited

gown - appt to order in 2 weeks

real touch flowers: deposited

AHR venue: deposited

now just hoping the travel rates will drop from what I recently received.

my family has been telling me that i'm too early and to not go crazy (just yet), but compared to the savvy ladies here, i'm behind!