Any 2011 Brides out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
The site you are using for your dess is great :-) Im going to get my dress online too, not from that site but from one similar to that. I havent actually ordered mine yet but cant wait :-) When is yours due to get to you, what is the turn around time?

I know what you mean about being a bit nervous about theft etc, as this is quite a common occurance but luckily i do have my mum who will hold it for me for the day :-)
When ever we have been away the last 9 years or so i have always taken my E:ring but this is the one piece i left on at all times as it the only bit of jewellery i would be sick over, other bits i would be sad but my E:ring, gosh, being sick probably dosent even compare!!!!

xox
Hey Nicy - The lady says once payment and measurements have been received, it takes 20-25 days to make the dress and between 3-5 for couriered shipping with a tracking number. SO basically a month give or take. I'm actually going to a seamstress tomorrow to get the 10 required measurements to I guess we'll see how long it takes from April 26th lol Glad to cross it off of the list though b/c until I did I was constantly looking and comparing lmao Providing I like it, I'm done with looking LOL

As for the engagement ring - it'll probably make me sick to take it off too LOL

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
The wedding is alway at the front of my mind though and it's the first thing i think of when i wake up! What will i do when it's all over....huh.gif? I will have wedding blues, lol.....

4 sleeps!!!! Nicy!!!!
Quote:
Nicy i've just looked on that site and my dress is on there for 185!!!! I feel sick. My dress was £1450!!! I got it for £1225 but it's a massive difference on that site. I just thought i'd be safer going into a shop? Did trust getting it online......I dont know, never mind i'll have to swallow it now!
I know what you mean, i dont seem to be able to think of anything but!!! Sometimes i drive myself mad with wedding stuff, Poor FI!! haha :-)
I know what you mean though as sometimes i wonder what i will do when its all over :-( My sis said she was always worried about that but has since said that all you can think about is married life and what oyu can do together so i am so so looking forward to that... but i do still wonder!!! LOL x

ARGH... i am so so excited for thurs... and i even sad enough that tonight i hav even said so on my facebook status!!! what a geek :-) wacko.gif

I havent actually ordered my dress yet Michelle, as i have a very bad thing that goes on in my mind about tempting fate... Im scared that if i order before i book the wedding something will go wrong, so i will hope fully order it a couple of weeks after we have booked.... Im very nervous about ordering it to be honest as i really really dont want it to go wrong but for the €135 price tag i figure its worth he worry, because if it turns out to be fab then ive saved a fortune and if not then ive learnt my lesson!!!
I will let you know when its ordered and i will update you of my agony of waiting for it to arrive!!!! :-) LOL x

xoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart View Post
Hey Nicy - The lady says once payment and measurements have been received, it takes 20-25 days to make the dress and between 3-5 for couriered shipping with a tracking number. SO basically a month give or take. I'm actually going to a seamstress tomorrow to get the 10 required measurements to I guess we'll see how long it takes from April 26th lol Glad to cross it off of the list though b/c until I did I was constantly looking and comparing lmao Providing I like it, I'm done with looking LOL

As for the engagement ring - it'll probably make me sick to take it off too LOL

WOW, thats really good a month (ish)
I have found the site im using ( your site dosent have my dress ) but need to look in to where i have to measure ( i wouldnt even know where to start, n you say 10 req measurements!!?? ) and timescales etc hopefully they will be as quick as yours, before i joined BDW i used a site over here in the UK and a few girls reccommended that site and recieved their dresses ok so im taking their word for it and hoping it works just as well for me :-)

I know what you mean about taking the ring off though as even after wearing mine for 8.5 years i still hate taking it off to do dishes etc!!!!

xoxo

Quote:
WOW, thats really good a month (ish)
I have found the site im using ( your site dosent have my dress ) but need to look in to where i have to measure ( i wouldnt even know where to start, n you say 10 req measurements!!?? ) and timescales etc hopefully they will be as quick as yours, before i joined BDW i used a site over here in the UK and a few girls reccommended that site and recieved their dresses ok so im taking their word for it and hoping it works just as well for me :-)

I know what you mean about taking the ring off though as even after wearing mine for 8.5 years i still hate taking it off to do dishes etc!!!!

xoxo
I took a peek on your site and I think they require even MORE measurements LOL I think it was like 14? In any case I guess there is no excuse not to have a custom fit ... at least we know they're precise LOL

Nicyx, I love your dress, so pretty! It’s definitely very beachy!

Janapana, I have the same fear. We are planning to get married on the beach too. I just know that there will be some random person in our pictures that will have to be “edited” out. LOL.

Welcome all the new brides!

Now that my cousins’ wedding is over with, I can get back to planning my own wedding. I still haven’t sent the STD’s out, yet. I need to do it soon because everyone is asking for details. Some are even ready to book.

Quote:
Im getting mine from

Wedding dresses-Discount Unusual wedding dresses-money save inwedding, Unique bridal gown,evening dresses from superbweddingdress.com

Im going to go for it, was a bit worried myself at first but my dress is £900 (which i know isnt expensive for a wedding dress) but i really really dont want to spend that on a dress not even my wedding dress do im going to go for it, i found my dress for €138 which i think at the mo is about £125 ish.... im still abit scared it going to come back not as i want it but it really is a chance im going to take for that price!!

Were going for the beach wedding, but i know what you mean about they guy in the speedo's... haha... i really will just tell him to move!!!! :-) i was looking at pix of the Tequila a few weeks back on tripadvisor and saw a wedding in the gardens.... looked gorgeous :-)

Yeah, i love the OOT bag idea, i must admit never heard of them b4 i came on here though.... I was going to do them but now im debating if i still am? not sure yet. and good point about the luggage allowance!!!

xox
Thanks nicy, just got in from work, going to look at that website now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart View Post
I took a peek on your site and I think they require even MORE measurements LOL I think it was like 14? In any case I guess there is no excuse not to have a custom fit ... at least we know they're precise LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeCee76 View Post
Nicyx, I love your dress, so pretty! Itâ€s definitely very beachy!

Janapana, I have the same fear. We are planning to get married on the beach too. I just know that there will be some random person in our pictures that will have to be “edited†out. LOL.

Welcome all the new brides!

Now that my cousins†wedding is over with, I can get back to planning my own wedding. I still havenâ€t sent the STDâ€s out, yet. I need to do it soon because everyone is asking for details. Some are even ready to book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janapana View Post
Thanks nicy, just got in from work, going to look at that website now!
To be honest FutureMrsRobart i need to start taking more of an interst in buying my dress i think.... haha.... 14 measurements!!! Hmmmmm :-) I think when i get in from work later tonight i will have a proper read. To be fair this is going to be my main proirity when wedding itself is booked.

Thanks CeeCee, glad you like the dress :-) So how was your cousins wedding? Its great you have people ready to book, one less thing you have to think about :-)

janapana... Hope you like the site, even if you just get an idea for dresses from it. Wednesday will be great. I live to far away from my mum to go dress shopping with her, its great you get to go with her :-) You will ave to let us know how it goes :-)

xoxo

Quote:
I know what you mean, i dont seem to be able to think of anything but!!! Sometimes i drive myself mad with wedding stuff, Poor FI!! haha :-)
I know what you mean though as sometimes i wonder what i will do when its all over :-( My sis said she was always worried about that but has since said that all you can think about is married life and what oyu can do together so i am so so looking forward to that... but i do still wonder!!! LOL x

ARGH... i am so so excited for thurs... and i even sad enough that tonight i hav even said so on my facebook status!!! what a geek :-) wacko.gif

I havent actually ordered my dress yet Michelle, as i have a very bad thing that goes on in my mind about tempting fate... Im scared that if i order before i book the wedding something will go wrong, so i will hope fully order it a couple of weeks after we have booked.... Im very nervous about ordering it to be honest as i really really dont want it to go wrong but for the €135 price tag i figure its worth he worry, because if it turns out to be fab then ive saved a fortune and if not then ive learnt my lesson!!!
I will let you know when its ordered and i will update you of my agony of waiting for it to arrive!!!! :-) LOL x

xoxo
I think alot of new wives will think of babies once the wedding is over?? lol.... Not me i've had mine! (well never say never i may pop one more out, hee hee) new car is top of my list after the wedding so that can be my new baby!!

I'm sure your dress will be fine! It will all work out lovely. I'm just hoping the Mexico price is right on thurs. (getting a little anxious about it now) I will look online first thing thurs morning. See if they are on there. If Thomas Cook prices are out then Cosmos must update theirs as they use Thomas Cook airlines!!

As for E,ring. I am defo taking mine. I wouldn't go without it. It wont leave my hand i dont take it off when we're abroad. On the wedding day i will wear it on my ring hand!

Quote:
I think alot of new wives will think of babies once the wedding is over?? lol.... Not me i've had mine! (well never say never i may pop one more out, hee hee) new car is top of my list after the wedding so that can be my new baby!!

I'm sure your dress will be fine! It will all work out lovely. I'm just hoping the Mexico price is right on thurs. (getting a little anxious about it now) I will look online first thing thurs morning. See if they are on there. If Thomas Cook prices are out then Cosmos must update theirs as they use Thomas Cook airlines!!

As for E,ring. I am defo taking mine. I wouldn't go without it. It wont leave my hand i dont take it off when we're abroad. On the wedding day i will wear it on my ring hand!
There'll be no more babies for us either. We have ours and we are definitely finished LOL Definitely don't need another vehicle so Mortgage is what I'll be interested in getting done after the wedding LOL

I haven't been on here in a couple of days so I had to come check it out again! I haven't looked at any hotels or anything the past couple of days which is shocking, considering I cannot ,make up my mind. The only thing I have done is bought my dress and booked my photographer so 2 things to check off! Anyone have any resorts they love that have reasonable wedding packages?? I really love Ceiba, but everything is separate and i'm afraid the wedding will come out to be more than I was budgeting for.