Any 2011 Brides out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post
Lindobride,
We picked the Royal Playa Del Carmen, because it is located right on Playa Del Carmen, so we can save on cab if we wanna go clubbing or shopping. Its sister resort is next door, so guests on budget or with kids can stay there and come over for my wedding.

Sascha Gluck is great, similar style as Elizabeth Medina (of course her pics are very stylish and nice too, but it was over my budget), my god brother is a pro-photographer too, we picked Sascha after going thru a lot of portfolio and price/quality comparison. Ivan Luckies is good and very very good price too, but for $1000 more I would prefer Sascha, because I prefer his takes on light and contrast. Del Sol too was on my list, but again they are a bit over my budget. As life continues after wedding, I can't really too overspend.
Well put. Life continues after the wedding is going to be my new mantra whenever I get a little too "wrapped up" so to speak.

I love Elizabeth Medina and Del Sol but just can't see spending 5k for photography.

The Royal looks beautiful and you can't beat the location. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know if they do catholic ceremonies (chapel onsight)?

Have you chosen your reception spot yet? Restaurant, beachfront?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
Well put. Life continues after the wedding is going to be my new mantra whenever I get a little too "wrapped up" so to speak.

I love Elizabeth Medina and Del Sol but just can't see spending 5k for photography.

The Royal looks beautiful and you can't beat the location. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know if they do catholic ceremonies (chapel onsight)?

Have you chosen your reception spot yet? Restaurant, beachfront?
So far, I squat for a gazebo ceremony and beach reception...but it may change after my site inspection this June. I am anti-religious, but they do have a nice church right in the middle of Playa Del Carmen, so you can check it out.

I know..for $900/hr, that is ridicules, corporate lawyers don't even make that much per hour. I won't spend that much on my pic, because it's very hard to justify the cost.

Quote:
So far, I squat for a gazebo ceremony and beach reception...but it may change after my site inspection this June. I am anti-religious, but they do have a nice church right in the middle of Playa Del Carmen, so you can check it out.

I know..for $900/hr, that is ridicules, corporate lawyers don't even make that much per hour. I won't spend that much on my pic, because it's very hard to justify the cost.
5K?? MERCY that is steep. Thats up there with the cost of the wedding lmao Both (E.M & Del Sol) seem popular though so I guess we may be in the minority lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

Haha CJb0rder, Your so funny... you remind me of a while back in sept 2007, I was on a night out with my sis and got so paraletic that i cant really remember anything... the next day my arm was black and blue and my boss told me to get to hospital... low and behold Nicola in her stupid heels the night before fell over and i broke my left wrist :-( I was in plaster for 6 weeks!!! It was horrible, and my FI's sister was getting married 4 weeks later so stupid me had a bloody broken wrist at the wedding i think i managed to cover up well though

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

And thats why im going barefoot for the ceremony :-) I guess were all kinda in the same boat then when it comes to heels!!!

xoxox
Lol...you are adorable! Great job on the cover-up...looks verrrry elegant. Love that dress, too!

I rarely get drunk, but the last time I did (about a year ago) I was on a party bus for a friend's b-day. I was wearing super high wedges with a narrow base (recipe for disaster). I had to go the bathroom sooooo bad by the time we got downtown, and I got off the bus and started to hot foot it to the nearest restroom. Well, some streets in downtown Seattle are cobble-stone, so before I made it even 3 steps I was on the ground. Lol...right in front of the bus...and all my friends...the funniest part was I had to potty so bad, I just whipped right back up and kept running! Never get between a girl and a bathroom after 4 beers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart View Post
5K?? MERCY that is steep. Thats up there with the cost of the wedding lmao Both (E.M & Del Sol) seem popular though so I guess we may be in the minority lmao
I know! but it is all depend on your budget. Some brides picked Ivan Luckie, because he is very affordable and nice pics. Some can afford Del Sol and E.M. Just like engagement ring and wedding bands, some go for the simple design, some go over the top. For me, it is tough to justify the cost of 5K, I would rather put on my mortgage, honeymoon or wedding band...LOL

I am still debating if I should bring my engagement ring to Mexico...

Quote:
LOL That must be nice - I never have had to create the illusion of more only less :-s They are lovely! I will say that HDgate (sp?) could have done it for almost 200 dollars cheaper but Leah guaranteed a 99% authentic replication (basically identical without the Pronovias label) and sent me pics of her previous work which required WAY more embroidery and detail on the bodice of the gown, which made me feel confidant that she would have no problem executing mine. I also snagged my veils and still got everything including s&h for just under $500. IF everything pans out with the dress ... a definite deal and a half. Now its just the waiting game but here's to hoping :-)
I checked Leah's website, and love the Pronovias Fada!

Quote:
I am still debating if I should bring my engagement ring to Mexico...
I am taking mine, i wont wear it on the wedding day, i will let my mum look after it for me, then pop it on ASAP :-)

cjb0rder, I think we both need to be careful on our DW then especially the actual day!!! haha :-) Last thing i want to do it to get married with a bruised face or twisted ankle!! x That dress is one of my favourite dresses, its a good 3-4 years old now but i still love it.

Hardley done anything weddingy at all this weekend, the only thing i have done is complie a list of questions for my TA as prices come out on thursday... FINALLY... so still have a few things to check out.... I cant wait til thurs, im like a child at christmas time, so so excited :-)

Anyone had a productive weddingy weekend or have we all just given our minds a rest :-)
I was working yesterday though and FI and i had a drink last night and were on the xbox live having a laugh so havent really had much time, just chilling today... then back to work 2moz... weekends come and go too quickly x

xoxo

Quote:
I checked Leah's website, and love the Pronovias Fada!
SO beautiful! It reminds me of one of his dresses from the 2010 collection that I had my eye on. I love the train coming from someplace other than the waist. Its so goddess looking. I am also debating bringing my ring to Mexico. I suppose if you do have someone to hold onto it than its ok, but with all the theft that you read about at resorts down south- usually just money from the safe etc. I'd be lying if I said that it didn't make me a little nervous. Can you imagine it getting lost or stolen?? I'd be sick :-s

Quote:
SO beautiful! It reminds me of one of his dresses from the 2010 collection that I had my eye on. I love the train coming from someplace other than the waist. Its so goddess looking. I am also debating bringing my ring to Mexico. I suppose if you do have someone to hold onto it than its ok, but with all the theft that you read about at resorts down south- usually just money from the safe etc. I'd be lying if I said that it didn't make me a little nervous. Can you imagine it getting lost or stolen?? I'd be sick :-s
The site you are using for your dess is great :-) Im going to get my dress online too, not from that site but from one similar to that. I havent actually ordered mine yet but cant wait :-) When is yours due to get to you, what is the turn around time?

I know what you mean about being a bit nervous about theft etc, as this is quite a common occurance but luckily i do have my mum who will hold it for me for the day :-)
When ever we have been away the last 9 years or so i have always taken my E:ring but this is the one piece i left on at all times as it the only bit of jewellery i would be sick over, other bits i would be sad but my E:ring, gosh, being sick probably dosent even compare!!!!

xox