Any 2011 Brides out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Michelle, Hope you WC gets back to you soon!!! Im sure for the sake of 10 days they could wait? ive got both fingers and toes crossed for you :-)
Yeah, i cant believe i found that site for dresses, the prices are fab.
Im going to look at Mother of bride dresses today and than make a few suggestions to my mum and see what she thinks?

Please can i ask.... My dad is "giving me away" and im unsure of what he should wear, Stephen may be wearing a aqua shirt and white linen pants, so do i put my dad in the same? How would i differentiate between the two? I dont want to put my dad in a suit as he would look odd being the only one.... but then i dont want him in the same as Stephen... not sure what to do? and thats if Stephen does decide on the shirt and pants, he may go for a kilt or a suit... if he does that will be easier to dress my dad :-)

oxox
my mum has been going on about her outfit! She's unsure on what she wants to wear. I think we're going to wait till next month when all the summer bits are out and then going shopping for her.....

We are having FI, Best Man and Father of the groom all in the same suit. All with white shirts. The only difference will be the colour of the button hole flower. Dan is wearing cream and the others pink... Harrison, who is giving me away we are going to try to match up the colour trousers and have him just in the white shirt with the pink buttonhole! I think the best thing to do is wait and see what Stephen is going to wear first and go from there. If he wears kilt or trousers it will be easier to put your dad in trousers and a shirt? But obviously it's totally up to you! If he wears linen trousers and aqua shirt why not put your dad in the same or white shirt instead? If you want them to look different........ It's all personal taste really, we want all the groomsmen to look similar and i'm sooooo glad we've found the perfect suit :o) xxx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iâ€m with most of you with trying to keep a low budget on the dress. My mother will be making my dress. She made my sisterâ€s dress and it was absolutely beautiful. Itâ€s great because she can take the great things for several dresses and make me my own unique dress. My mom could win Project Runway with her skills. So far with fabric, notions and “test dress†it will cost me about $75.00.

Hereâ€s the pattern that Iâ€m using as a starting point.

Prettypigpig, The dress on the dhgate website are lovely!

wow that's awesome! I had really considered having a dress made, but I'm really new to this city and don't know any seamstresses......plus I had a horrible experience when I had a bridesmaids dress made a couple years ago! You're so lucky that your mum is so talented! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post
Ohhh no I looked at that inweddingdress.com and found this which I love

Style BC188-Beach Wedding Dresses

I'm too chicken to buy without trying though sad.gif

Thanks for the site suggestions though! x
Oh, that's a gorgeous dress....I tried something very similar on the first time I went shopping. It was made by Alfred Angelo I think.

Thanks Michelle :-) I think the first thing i need to do is get Stephen to decide then take it from there... but yes i want the men to be in similar things.... i think im going to go and use my friend Google to show me a few pix... not sure how white na dwhite for my dad would look?

My mum, i would love her to be in something floaty.... i have a few ideas but i will let her choose, i will go home and visit in the summer and me n my mum can go shopping to have a nosey about :-)

I think now i know the prices are coming out soon, im panicking a little bit... even though i know i have over 12 months to go... haha... its like everything at once is popping into my mind, im sure i will wake up tomoz with panic over, haha :-)

CeeCee76, what a good idea... and what a talented mum you have, $75 wow, now thats a bargain... and wow love the pattern your starting with its lovely :-)

xox

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27 View Post
Oh, that's a gorgeous dress....I tried something very similar on the first time I went shopping. It was made by Alfred Angelo I think.
Ohhhh thank you soooo much!!!! It is Alfred Angelo but its not on the UK site.

Could I ask where you tried it?

I've been shopping again today and dont love anything as much as I love this one!

Thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeCee76 View Post
Iâ€m with most of you with trying to keep a low budget on the dress. My mother will be making my dress. She made my sisterâ€s dress and it was absolutely beautiful. Itâ€s great because she can take the great things for several dresses and make me my own unique dress. My mom could win Project Runway with her skills. So far with fabric, notions and “test dress†it will cost me about $75.00.

Hereâ€s the pattern that Iâ€m using as a starting point.

Prettypigpig, The dress on the dhgate website are lovely!
OH...Lucky you! My mom can't even cook properly (that is why she is married to a chef)...so forget about winning Project Runway! I wish I can have my dress for $75!
Speaking of my mom, I really have no clue what she is going to wear, she is about my height (5 ft 2) but a size 10. Yes, the side effect of being a chef's wife, and also what Mexbride said like eat what u want, ur hubby loves the way u are, no need to be on diet as long as u are healthy and feel good.
My dad is still the same shape after 31 yrs of marriage, but my mom grew like HSBC Holding's stock price in the past 31 yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Thanks Michelle :-) I think the first thing i need to do is get Stephen to decide then take it from there... but yes i want the men to be in similar things.... i think im going to go and use my friend Google to show me a few pix... not sure how white na dwhite for my dad would look?
My mum, i would love her to be in something floaty.... i have a few ideas but i will let her choose, i will go home and visit in the summer and me n my mum can go shopping to have a nosey about :-)
I think now i know the prices are coming out soon, im panicking a little bit... even though i know i have over 12 months to go... haha... its like everything at once is popping into my mind, im sure i will wake up tomoz with panic over, haha :-)

CeeCee76, what a good idea... and what a talented mum you have, $75 wow, now thats a bargain... and wow love the pattern your starting with its lovely :-)

xox

I know how you feel. It's starting to feel "real" now it's all happening!! I have a little panic every now and then and like you say that goes and i'm like "oh whatever i have over a yr still" lol.... That time is going to fly by. Can you imagine us this time next yr? haha we'll be on cloud nine!! I think once Mexico is finally booked we will feel more settled though do you? It's doing my head in, my mum is asking every 5mins "can we book yet" ....AARRGGHH i wished!! Still not long now!

CeeCee76 you are so lucky! I can't wait to see your dress all made!