Any 2011 Brides out there?

WOW a lot of FIs are stock brokers here. Mine is also an investment advisor/stock broker, I used to be an equity and options trader on the trade desk before I moved to the institutional buyside.

Since my FI is studying for his CFA (and I am done with my CFA, FRM, MBA...thx god that I don't need to study on weekends anymore), I will be the one who does all the planning/booking...and his duties will be to assemble his boys, show up and pay....heehee....

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will not be paying for anybody's trip...that would be so costly and I figure there on their own vacation and our wedding is such a small part of the week.

That resort looks beautiful prettypigpig, we will be looking into that one =)

If any of you are flying Air Transat have you notice how little you can check?? its 44lbs a person!!! I was shocked and horrified all at once... Were going to need double that...ahh not sure what to do.

Linhy.... SO SO pleased you have your contract and all of your questions answered :-) That is great news. I must have to say i agree with Bonnie and Michelle about your FSIL, I think she is being really cheeky asking and I cant believe she expects you to pay for her to go! Totally unreasonable if you ask me.... As hard as it may be you need to try not let this bother you, as the others have said its one stress you dont need, Just explain you cant afford to pay for her and she will have to save for herself, she will get over it in a few days or so im sure and get used to the idea, just explain you have enough to spend already!! oxoxox

I Love, love, love the gazebo weddings they are so so beautiful and you ladies are getting married in some lovely gazebos and the RPRM gazebo where im getting married is also stunning but (Cliché I know.....) I have ALWAYS drempt of getting married on a beach with sand between my toes and i was so so glad when i met Stephen he said the same thing (maybe not so gushy though) :-)

I like the after 6 suits , they are gorgeous.... not sure FI wants to wear a suit though.... In MY ideal world he would wear a kilt (as he's scottish) as its traditional for a scottish guys to wear a kilt and he likes the idea but he (bless him) hates his legs, Stephen is very tall (6ft 2") and very thin so he thinks his legs look awful and the kilt wouldnt suit him... I just need to convince him now to try one on that way he would see he looks good :-) or we like linen/cotton trousers?! watch this space.....

Bonnie, i love the outfits you have posted, something like this is good, but for us it would be a Aqua shirt and white trousers?

Not sure about dad wearing same as grooms men? maybe similar but i dot think it would matter if they were different?! not thought of this!!! Whoops

xoxo

julie2011...

44lb? Gosh thats like 19.5 kgs, We get 23kg which is 50.7lbs and i was panicing with that. Can you pay for extra? not that is a cost you need but may be worth paying a bit extra so you dont have the extra worry! x

Hey ladies just been reading aother thread on here about group booking etc.

Im just wondering when are you sending out Invitations?

and what is the time scale you have/are setting for the RSVP?

I was thinking sending out in May when we book our wedding and having the RSVP for Oct which gives 5 months to reply (this is AGES now ive said it out loud to myself) & leaves 7 months to go for the wedding but now im thinking of just sending out invites only (no RSVP) and putting somethng into say let us know ASAP because of room availability and then getting them to book when they have said yes?

Our resort has a policy that 80% of wedding guests have to say at our hotel, and im scared that if guests leave it too late the hotel will get booked and because they not staying at our hotel they wont be able to come to our wedding!!!

I dont know what to do now and i dont know how to go about this and i dont know if it will work... Im panicking now big time...

Does this make sense.... Dont know what to do... Argh, 1st proper panic ive had....HELP!!!

What is everyone else doing?

Thank you

oxoxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie2011 View Post
We will not be paying for anybody's trip...that would be so costly and I figure there on their own vacation and our wedding is such a small part of the week.

That resort looks beautiful prettypigpig, we will be looking into that one =)

If any of you are flying Air Transat have you notice how little you can check?? its 44lbs a person!!! I was shocked and horrified all at once... Were going to need double that...ahh not sure what to do.
Yes Julie,
Unless you upgrade to "Club" class (similar to first class) or you bought their wedding package, with Air Transat, you need to travel light! or else you pay extra per each exceeded Kg/lb, and they don't let you pass for free unlike some Air Canada crew would just ignore it if you go over a bit.
Last year, I went to Mexico with my bestfriend for a girls trip (not wedding), and we were on the limit, and we stuffed a lot into our carry-ons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Hey ladies just been reading aother thread on here about group booking etc.

Im just wondering when are you sending out Invitations?
and what is the time scale you have/are setting for the RSVP?
I was thinking sending out in May when we book our wedding and having the RSVP for Oct which gives 5 months to reply (this is AGES now ive said it out loud to myself) & leaves 7 months to go for the wedding but now im thinking of just sending out invites only (no RSVP) and putting somethng into say let us know ASAP because of room availability and then getting them to book when they have said yes?
Our resort has a policy that 80% of wedding guests have to say at our hotel, and im scared that if guests leave it too late the hotel will get booked and because they not staying at our hotel they wont be able to come to our wedding!!!

I dont know what to do now and i dont know how to go about this and i dont know if it will work... Im panicking now big time...

Does this make sense.... Dont know what to do... Argh, 1st proper panic ive had....HELP!!!

What is everyone else doing?

Thank you

oxoxox
Nicola,

I keep an excel spreadsheet with the names of my invites, # of potential guest that they are bringing, so I can keep track of who is coming, who is not, and how many people are coming. That will also help for the budgeting of the wedding.

I plan to send out the STDs 1 yr in advanced, so everyone who wants to come can start saving $$, allocation their vacation days...etc and will send out the invites without RSVP 6 months before the wedding, the guests will RSVP via my website. On my website, I also instruct my guests to book at my resort and the sister resort next door ONLY, and also remind them that the resort may sold out quickly, so do not wait for last minute deals.

2-3 months before the wedding, I will do a finally count on how many people booked.

I really like the after 6 suit too :o)..... Dan will wear very similar. We need to start trying on i think, lol... He will just wear white fitted shirt under with no tie etc. The suit jacket will come off straight after the photos as he will probably be a sweat bucket by then, lol.... We are having FI, Best man and FI's dad all in the same suit (they have the option to wear the jacket or not) Then Harrison will wear tan trousers and white shirt to give me away!

Our colour is pink so the men will wear pink buttonholes. We dont know yet if it will be baby pink or fushia. But i think that fushia or baby pink will look nice against the tan! I am going on at MOH and met her today about trying dresses on. She is in USA for 2 weeks at easter so she said when she returns we can dress shop. Yah!!!!!

Nicy i think aqua shirt and white pants will look great! Very cool and perfect! I agree the gazebo at your hotel is stunning! We both have lovely gazebos! ;o)

Errr as for the invites, we are not sending out STD's or invites for mexico (sorry not much help am i). We already know who is coming and they are all ready to book so dont see the point. If i were doing an invite Nicy i would send them out now!!! So ppl have enough warning. Or wait till the prices are out so you can put all the info in them and make it clear that booking needs to be done asap.

We are only sending out invites to the AHR. These i will send out about 4/5months before and have the RSVP date set at 1 month before the AHR date.

Try not to worry hun it will all work out! xoxoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Stephen is very tall (6ft 2") and very thin so he thinks his legs look awful and the kilt wouldnt suit him...
Not that it matters but reading back i miss typed Stephen is 6ft 5" i just dont want people to think i dont know what im talking about in case i reference this again and it says something completly different!! LOL

Bonnie i wouldnt even know where to start with exel... im just about ok with word let alone anythong else, your so clever!!!! I think i need to start a list... like NOW!!!!
yes i think i will add an RSVP section to website and also put on there to book asap as rooms may not be avail if wait til last min like you.... Thank you :-) This seems so obvious now you have said it but least my panic is over... haha x

Michelle, i went and had a nosey at your gazebo on tripadvisor before... its lovely, what a great location :-)

Thanks ladies for putting my mind at rest :-)

xoxo