Any 2011 Brides out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhy View Post
lol that's funny prettypigpig!! How much people did you invite? Yeah plus I am going insane with my reception table. I also want to have enough people that will fit the rectangle size haha since it'll look weird with less or too many people. I know what you mean!
U see..I am Chinese...so ideally...I wanna have 38 guests! so 35 included in the package, and 3 extra..oh well...no big deal...but so far..I modeled my guests projection forecast model ( I am an analyst, that is why I build model for almost everything), we are at 43 already! U know, there are so many people that I "have to" send the invitation to (just to be polite), but I am 99% sure that they won't come all the way to Mexico from Hong Kong. However, there is that 1 % of ...probability. In addition, I have 2 friends (MOH candidates) who are getting married this year, and will try to get pregnant asap after...so....I dunno if they will get lucky by July 2011!?!?!

LOL the rectangle table!! I saw the pictures of it...it looks so nice! but u will need the exactly amount of people to make it RIGHT! heehee

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
Hey, im quite new to this forum and just starting to find my feet and came across this thread..... I too am a 2011 bride. 17 of us travelling from the UK in January 2011 to Catalonia Riviera Maya. Everything is booked apart from the wedding date being confirmed which may not be available until August 2010. But I'm trying to remain calm; as we have been to this hotel before so know what to expect and have told everyone how great it is. Hopefully the TA will keep chasing for the wedding date.
Josie,

Welcome! Again, ThX to Nicola for setting it up!! Congrats on getting most of the things confirmed and set! I am one of the 2011 brides here, I am from Canada, but there are a lot of UK brides on this forum (must be because of the depressing weather in UK). January and Feb seem to be the most popular months so far ( I haven't seen any July bride so far)!!!
Like most of the destination wedding brides, we are constantly complaining/or praising our WC, TA..and of course our FI. Showing each other ideas on OOT bags, Dresses, Shoes...etc...After all, we all want our day to be the fairytale day!

Really!! I am Chinese too! Haha yeah for sure you have to have the right size! My fiance thinks I want to show off our reception table I said no! it just looks nicer with a certain amount of people. Wow you got friends that are busy! same here I got a good friend that is from Taiwan living in the state and she is getting marry this year in Nov. but.. she doesn't understand the concept of bridesmaid and MOH.. she's not even helping me with my wedding process (like there is any really major planning) haha since we are all doing dest. So does the number 3 mean is a lucky number? Do you believe in the Chinese zodiac signs?

Quote:
Have any of you all decided on putting together welcome bags? I am. Since my wedding theme is go green, ealrth friendly. I already selected my bags and all the stuff I want to put inside. I wish I can do it all right now order the stuff. Do you all think I should? hahaa
I'm not going to do this. I was thinking about a program, but not a bag. I've read some of threads on this and I feel that a lot of what people put in the bags there quests have already packed. I would like to do something, I just haven't decided.

Quote:
 I remember one of the bride telling me about them. They are amazing!!! they girls! yeah I'll def. post my shoes! It's black. It'll look great with my ivory dress and since my fiance is going to wear a black suit it'll be perfect. I got it at saks fifth avenue yesterday downtown! whoahoo it looks a lot better then the pics though. this is the only pic I can find online right now.

Click the image to open in full size.

Love these shoes! I'm going to see if they have them in yellow. LOL

CeeCee76 yeah they have it everywhere. I went to DSW today and I saw them there for $50's. I bought mine around the same place at saks fifth avenue. So I guess they have them everywhere? They are the Nina brands. I love Nina's. You can find them everywhere. I think they have them in white, ivory, red. it'll look amazing in yellow. Like mustard yellow. or gold yellow. I hope you find them! Let me know if you need help finding them online! I love shoes!!!

Quote:
Really!! I am Chinese too! Haha yeah for sure you have to have the right size! My fiance thinks I want to show off our reception table I said no! it just looks nicer with a certain amount of people. Wow you got friends that are busy! same here I got a good friend that is from Taiwan living in the state and she is getting marry this year in Nov. but.. she doesn't understand the concept of bridesmaid and MOH.. she's not even helping me with my wedding process (like there is any really major planning) haha since we are all doing dest. So does the number 3 mean is a lucky number? Do you believe in the Chinese zodiac signs?
I try to be below average supertitious! heehee. LOL, I know, I have a friend from CHINA...she had no clue about bridemaid, MOH, gifts, decor, invites, themes ( because in CHINA, u just book a package deal at a chinese resto/hotel and they takes care of the rest)...now her wedding is in July 2010..and she is in the panic mode