Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhy View Post
thanks for the advice prettypigpig! Hopefully in January there will be less kids haha
I guess if u aren't allergic to kids, u will be fine! LOL
OK, if they are my own, I am sure it will be different. Like my mom said, when it's urs, it will be different!...( I hope so too...)

Have any of you all decided on putting together welcome bags? I am. Since my wedding theme is go green, ealrth friendly. I already selected my bags and all the stuff I want to put inside. I wish I can do it all right now order the stuff. Do you all think I should? hahaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhy View Post
Have any of you all decided on putting together welcome bags? I am. Since my wedding theme is go green, ealrth friendly. I already selected my bags and all the stuff I want to put inside. I wish I can do it all right now order the stuff. Do you all think I should? hahaa
WOW..Green and Earth Friendly....GREAT THEME!

Linhy you got your shoes YAH!!!! Your have to post pic's... what are they like?

And your welcome bags. You have been busy!

Prettypigpig - I'm really looking forward to our AHR because we have so many friends and family not coming to Mexico it will be nice to have a celebration with them too... AND..... I get to wear my dress again. Yippee!!

The cost does add up though :o( I need a lottery win, lol

Congrats on everyone confirming their dates and all those date twins out there. Some of you less than a yr away now. Very exciting!

Prettypigpig. I think your Mum is right..... As soon as you have your own kids you will see things differently. I have two. Harrison 12yrs and Scarlett 2.5yrs. They are my world! I think if i didn't have kids i might have thought about an adults only resort just to make the most of it before i have kids but then again i love kids and to me it wouldn't be the same without kids around. Some parents dont keep their kids in check and then it gets a bit noisy and distracting for others. I make sure my children are respectful to others and considerate. But i do see where your coming from.....

OOT bags - We are having a large wedding, 70-80 guests, but my mom is insistent on still doing the OOT bags. I think we'll just do one bag per room, so it'll only be about 35 bags. I found a website from these boards Promotional tote bags custom sizes and styles from cheap totes now with t-shirts and screen printing that does screen printing, so I think we'll do something like that. We'll buy some of the stuff here, and then, the day my mom and I arrive (one day earlier than my dad and fiance and most guests), we are going to rent a car and go to Costco and Wal-mart, as well as souvenir shops, to do last minute filling, so that they aren't tooooo heavy for our trip!

Because my bridesmaids will be getting OOT bags like everyone else's, I think I'll just do a gift bag for their extra gifts and stuff. That way they won't have two tote bags. I've already bought these Lilly market bags to be their gift bags: LILLY PULITZER - Market Bag

Lilly Pulitzer has lots of fun, beachy stuff for bridesmaid gifts as well! Lilly Pulitzer® Accessories - Stationery

My wedding will be on a Saturday and my mom and I are planning to arrive on Monday... my dad, fiance, and his family will probably arrive Tuesday, and I'm not sure about everyone else!

mexbride83 (my almost date twin ;o)... those bags are lovely. How nice! What a good website! That's a great idea you getting bits out there!

I was going to do OOT bags but like you say only one per room instead of per person! We will hopefully fly on sunday and then have some fly in on the thursday. Most family will come at the same time as us so dont know how to go about giving them theres? Any suggestions? Maybe have them put in their rooms on the second day...... I dunno!

I have my AHR date on hold (18th June 2011) we are going on saturday to check everything and put our deposit down! Yippee!! How funny we are booking that before we can actually book Mexico but hay hoe it'll all get done in the end :o)