Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicola - thanks for the welcome back! :) I am definitely doing a bachelorette party, although I'm not sure where we'll do it or what we'll do. The majority of my friends are in the DC area, so it'll probably be there. I've always dreamed of having it in Vegas, but since I'm asking them all to go to Mexico for the wedding, I don't think I can also ask them to do Vegas for the bachelorettesad.gif

Amber - I'm doing classes now, and starting on research for my thesis. Then all of next year will be research and thesis writing. Ugh. I dread that more than the classes! I just don't know how I'll get myself to sit in front of a computer and do my thesis when all I want to do is look at wedding stuff, haha.

I bought my dress today!!!

http://www.all4bride.com/images/wedgowns/2406.jpg

Going to bring it in so it won't be so puffy on the bottom.

What do you all think? I didn't think I would actually get a dress

like this since I was so focus on getting a perfect dress that will suit

mexico.. but the lady helped me and told me to try this one and it look

so good on. I felt like I was a real bride and a princess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsuambs View Post
I forgot to ask, what other threads/forums do you girls belong to? There are so many!
I am on the mini tequila bottles thread, the unofficial Barcelo forum, the Ocean Turquesa brides and the Barcelo Mayan Palace thread...heehee I have so much time since I work for a government pension fund and no longer in school..heehee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhy View Post
I bought my dress today!!!

http://www.all4bride.com/images/wedgowns/2406.jpg

Going to bring it in so it won't be so puffy on the bottom.
What do you all think? I didn't think I would actually get a dress
like this since I was so focus on getting a perfect dress that will suit
mexico.. but the lady helped me and told me to try this one and it look
so good on. I felt like I was a real bride and a princess!
Very nice dress!! I won't start dress shopping until it gets warmers like 10C or more outside! However I really like Vera Wang's dresses.

Mexbride83, the thesis is what I dreaded the most too. I love research and conducting it, but writing the proposal and the protocol for the human subjects review board kinda sucks! Due to various reasons, I just completely changed my research idea. Which is a little crazy b/c I was done with the proposal and all I had to do was present it to my committee. What are you thinking about doing your thesis on or do you not have any idea? Haha, I hear you on wanting to do wedding stuff instead of school stuff, I'm in the same "boat." My school is technically on spring break right now and I should be doing a whole lot more but I rather spend my time doing wedding stuff :)

Linhy, Congrats! The dress is beautiful. I agree with bringing in the bottom especially since it's a destination wedding. I love how it is simple & elegant. Did you try on any veils? I can't wait to see you in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Julie2011... I went to double check with the TA today and as as i thought there is absolutly nothing they can do until the prices become avail at the end of april/may :-( You so lucky to be able do what you have done!!!!

Awww, thanks Michelle2011... I hope my sis can come too :-) I live in hope :-) Yeah were like you really, i'll be sending invitations, but really it is one of them.... if people want to come then were more than happy for them to come, so even if ppl tag on last min i wont mind.... were certainly asking in a casual way aswell, to keep the pressure off ppl feeling like they have to say yes but cant really afford it... we not getting ourselves into debt to get married so i definatly wouldnt expect anyne else to!!! x

FutureMrsYak.... Hey Im so pleased i sent my vibes in time!!!! Congratulations on getting your date confirmed and correct hopefully the few things wrong will be easy enough for you (or TA) to sort out. 10 months for you... wow... thats scary, and about the AHR. Oh my god, i dont even know what were doing with that!!! I think i'll thnk about that once weve got the wedding booked!!! :-) Kinda difficult for us as well as we dont really know what to do as my family live in England and my FI's family live in Scotland and its about 175 ish miles away from each other.... Argh, dont know what to do!!!!

It just goes to show how different it is in the U.S than the UK when it comes to booking things, you guys are so lucky to be able to book rooms and reserve dates or whatever else you can do ready for when actual cost becomes avail, we cant flippin' do anything :-(

Welcome back Mexbride83... thought id not seen you about!!! Good to have u back :-) sound like youve been a busy bee!!! Thats a fantastic idea what your doing with TTD... & i know what you mean with a thinking a DW wedding was stress free.... but thats not the case all the time!!! haha :-)

Linhy.... So glad you think you have your dress. Did you go back with your mum? how did you get on? so exciting!!!

Mischaka... im like you and have been window shopping for everything. just need to plan when to get what and where....

I wa asked a question at work today from a girl i work wth about having a "Hen Night" or "Bachelorette party" i think you ladies would call it in America? and this is yet another thing i have not yet thought about... i know we have ages yet but im scared im going to miss something and 2011 is going to be here before i know it and i wont have planned anything.... Are you lovely's doing anything? if so what are you doing? are you doing more than one thing?

Thanks ladies

x
Nicola,

I am planning a hen night aka bachelorette party for my friend who is getting married in July this year. Private striptease dance lesson for the group of chicks, dinner, male striptease joint visit and karaoke for the rest of the night.

Amber- Oh I know what you mean about human subjects protocol forms... ughhhh I'm in the midst of those as we speak! My research/thesis is on the School Breakfast Program in Alabama. Basically less than 40% of the children that qualify for the SBP actually participate in it, so I'll be doing focus groups with children, parents, and administrators to determine the barriers to participation in the SBP. The findings from those groups will be what I'll use for my thesis, on benefits of and barriers to participating in the SBP in Alabama. It's actually a part of a 5 year study that my professor has funding for, so I didn't get any choice as to what I would do, as my Masters is paid for by my doing research for her:)

What is your thesis on? What are you studying?