Newbie trying to pick a resort!! :-)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 abbie32

abbie32
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hello ladies,

I think I seriously have looked at every resort website for Cancun and the Mayan Riviera! After countless hours of navigating on the net with tired eyes, my fiancee and I have narrowed it down to 3 places:
    1) Dreams Cancun
    2) Barcelo Maya
    3) Moon Palace .... these are also in the order of my favs so far. :-)

We want to have the wedding of our dreams with a beautiful gazebo and the best night of dancing at a reception ever! We love to dance! haha We are also trying to consider our guests by picking a great vacation spot at an affordable rate for most people. Seeing some of your pictures and reviews is SO HELPFUL!! I think I should be able to make my decision over the weekend.

Any thoughts, suggestions, pics or reviews you would like to share. I have lots of time since we are getting married in April 2011 but on the other hand that will be here before you know it. Time flies when you're having fun!

Tara :-)

#2 baj

baj
    • 1,555 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:39 PM

hi, congrat's & welcome to the forum

#3 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
      • 376 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

Congrats and welcome!
        It's easy to get lost in the sea of resorts out there - particularly Cancun. I did a bunch of research on that area as well and I have to say that Moon Palace is simply gorgeous and probably my favorite, but all three places are wonderful.

I suppose it comes down to what all you are wanting/needing. I know some places in the area do not allow outside photographers for instance. (I think Moon Palace was one of those.) Some do not allow children, etc, etc.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find all the info you need here and you have lots of time!

Good luck. :)

#4 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
        • 1,257 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

Welcome to the forum, you'll find plenty of help to narrow down your choices.

#5 futuremissbk

futuremissbk
          • 49 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:47 PM

Congrats and Welcome!
            I've been on vacation to Dreams Cancun and it was wonderful. I think there is a wedding gazebo on the top of a hill over looking the ocean. I'm sure whatever you choose will be perfect. It took my fiance over a year to settle on a resort :)

#6 futuremissbk

futuremissbk
            • 49 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

Congrats and Welcome!
              I've been on vacation to Dreams Cancun and it was wonderful. I think there is a wedding gazebo on the top of a hill over looking the ocean. I'm sure whatever you choose will be perfect. It took my fiance over a year to settle on a resort :)

#7 ktchi

ktchi
              • 220 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:18 PM

Welcome. My favorite of those three was Moon Palace, but they have a small beach or no beach- I don't remember. I looked at pictures of others wedding to help me narrow down the choices. Good luck.

#8 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                • Vendor
                • 2,782 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:48 AM

Welcome to the forum,enjoy and happy planning!!

:)Dmitri

#9 sarahkay20

sarahkay20
                  • 37 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:45 PM

Congrats and Welcome!

#10 abbie32

abbie32
                    • 89 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:52 PM

Thanks everyone!! I keep going back to Dreams Cancun and getting excited so I think it could be the one. I can picture myself getting married in the gorgeous gazebo, getting pics by the lighthouse on the rocks, the pier. It just seems like there are a lot of nice places to get pictures besides just on a beach. It is a hard decision to make bc I want to make sure i make the right one. I'm still learning how to navigate this site so I have some more researching to do. Thanks!!! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users