Live streaming of wedding @ PPC?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 McToasty

McToasty
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

Hey gals,

I have the memory of a goldfish so I'm hoping someone will know something about this. I saw awhile ago something about... live streaming of your wedding so people who can't make it can still celebrate with you in real time. At the time I didn't think I was interested, so didn't pay attention. But I think some of our close friends might not be able to make it b/c it's so expensive, so want to look in to it.

Thanks so much!

#2 JerseyBride1981

JerseyBride1981
    • 57 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

Wow this sounds like an interesting way to let the folks back home who can't make it share the day. Have you asked you wedding coordinator at the hotel? I am surely going to ask mines! When I get an answer I will post. BTW getting married at the PPR on 5/22/10!

#3 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
      • 194 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

i was wondering the very same thing!! great idea.

#4 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
        • 473 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:04 AM

If anyone gets any information then please let me know. I love the idea!!

#5 pcguy17

pcguy17
          • Banned
          • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JerseyBride1981
            Wow this sounds like an interesting way to let the folks back home who can't make it share the day. Have you asked you wedding coordinator at the hotel? I am surely going to ask mines! When I get an answer I will post. BTW getting married at the PPR on 5/22/10!

Hey there JerseyBride, I'll be getting married at the PPR on 5/30/10 from New York but arriving to the resort 5/24/10 so I'm sure I'll see you around!!

#6 coley88

coley88
            • 186 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

I was just send the info the other day, it runs like $400 plus tax, but if you have a lot of people who can't make it, it might be worth it.

My FI and I were going to see about having a friend do this, but then realized we don't know about internet connection on the beach...so it could be really great if you can fit it in your budget.

#7 NaM

NaM
              • 2,256 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

IF you could check the Wifi near the area you are getting married you could probably set up Skype for free. It wouldn't be the best quality as far as sound and stuff but hey...it's free!!
                Not sure if anyone has tried this but I don't see why it wouldn't work

#8 jazzygirl

jazzygirl
                • 35 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:47 PM

My sister wanted us to do the same thing. I will be waiting to hear as well.
                  Jazzygirl

Dreams Palm Beach - DR
                  August 2010

#9 JerseyBride1981

JerseyBride1981
                  • 57 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by pcguy17
                    Hey there JerseyBride, I'll be getting married at the PPR on 5/30/10 from New York but arriving to the resort 5/24/10 so I'm sure I'll see you around!!
                    Hi pcguy17, we are actually leaving on the 24th but maybe we will see each other as I am leaving and your arriving! Can't wait!

On another note, I did ask Noelia about this and she hadn't used any vendor's for this yet but would get back to me on pricing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users