Share First Date - THis should be fun!

Loveisintheair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveisintheair View Post
I feel the love when reading these first dates. Can't wait to read more. It is amazing how these are so similar. Did anybody know he was the one on the first date?
i didn't know he was THE ONE on our first date but i do remember thinking that we were really good together and something really great was starting. I remember when I realized that I was in love with him...he got me a movie that I couldn't find anywhere and I had told him about it a few weeks before (but just casually in passing). I was leaving his house and I had his coat on. he asked for it back, I said no and he said "I'll trade you my coat for this" and pulled out the movie. I was in shock b/c we had only talked about it for a couple of mins. I got in my car and called my mom at like 2:30 in the morning freaking out b/c I knew he had me! :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DH crashed my company's Xmas party. He had seen me around the building and had asked a mutual friend to introduce us but I had just ended a crappy relationship so I was hesitant. He knew when and where the party was going to be so he just showed up. We talked and then went to a very townie bar for dancing. It was going so well we didn't want the the night to end so we went to another friend's house to watch some lame movie ( I only saw the opening credits wink.gif)That very late night resulted in four years of dating and then obviously, marriage. I didn't know he was the "one" then. All I knew was my mouth hurt from all the smooching! Not horribly romantic but it was ballsy of him.

My FI and I met through Lavalife. We chatted and talked on the phone a few times, then met about a week after our first chat. We met up at this lounge/club (we both drove there separately), took a few drinks and talked all night over the music, both inside and on the terrace. The conversation was flowing so well, I remember telling him some pretty intimate stuff, as if I had known him a long time.

We danced a little, and though I thought he danced very well, I was a bit disappointed that he kept looking at the floor the whole time. I learned later that it's because he had been dancing alone for so long, he wasn't used to dancing with someone. he's a bit better now. wink.gif

At the end of the night we wanted to continue chatting in a quieter environment so we took his car to go and try find a place. Before he started up the car he turned around and asked me if he could kiss me. I thought it was so cute that he would ask! We never actually found a coffee place opened at that hour, so we just stayed in his car for a while.

We met in college. He was my resident advisor in the dorm and lived next door. He would often "stop by" to advise me of dorm events. Finally he asked me out and we went to the art museum and to a quaint Italian restaurant. Back to the dorm where he asked if he could kiss me. We had to hide the relationship for the rest of the year or he could've lost his job. Cut to 8 years later and here we are.

Ok, so I told FI about what I wrote here and apparently I lied. We didn't talk on the phone before we first met, we only chatted. LOL

Also, he wants me to tell the back story of why we started chatting that particular night. We had both sent each other a smile and exchanged 1 or 2 emails through Lavalife, but I was going to be busy all week-end with a friend from out of town visiting. She arrived Friday morning and we were gonna go out dancing that night, but on our way back from the beach late afternoon we got hit by another car. None of us got too badly hurt, though she did have to spend the night at the hospital. I only had to stay a couple of hours at the hospital, so here I was, home alone on a Friday night. I sent another email to the guy and he too was home so we went on MSN and started chatting. He thinks if it wasn't for the accident the timing might have never been right. wink.gif

As for knowing he was the one, no I didn't. I actually thought he was too nice at first, but turns out he is just nice enough. :-)

My whole life led to me meeting my FI. I didnt really believe in fate like I do now. No matter what life brings, always take it's journey because that is what life is about and the best things are from the journey.

It all started in the beginning of 2006 when I decided to make a big change in my life. I recently broke off an engagement with a guy I was with for 4 years and was completely lost (didnt know myself anymore and so needed a change). When I was little I always dreamt about being in the mountains and one day I decided to move to Colorado from Texas. So I transferred with the company I worked for to Colorado and it's been the best decision I have ever made. Yes I miss my family and friends but I met the man of my dreams.

My FI is from Ohio and he moved to Denver about 9 months before I did. We worked for the same company so at first it was a no - no to date. We would hang out with other mutual friends and I always felt there was something between us but never persued it. One day we felt like hanging out but one one else did... we got drunk and one thing led to another. We have been together ever since...

The funny thing is that our lives are the same but reversed. We are both only children, he was raised by his mom and I was raised by my dad. He is a mama's boy and I'm a daddy's girl... go figure!

Sorry if I dont make sense... I have been drinking and it's Friday!smile159.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristiandJamie View Post
My whole life led to me meeting my FI. I didnt really believe in fate like I do now. No matter what life brings, always take it's journey because that is what life is about and the best things are from the journey.

It all started in the beginning of 2006 when I decided to make a big change in my life. I recently broke off an engagement with a guy I was with for 4 years and was completely lost (didnt know myself anymore and so needed a change). When I was little I always dreamt about being in the mountains and one day I decided to move to Colorado from Texas. So I transferred with the company I worked for to Colorado and it's been the best decision I have ever made. Yes I miss my family and friends but I met the man of my dreams.

My FI is from Ohio and he moved to Denver about 9 months before I did. We worked for the same company so at first it was a no - no to date. We would hang out with other mutual friends and I always felt there was something between us but never persued it. One day we felt like hanging out but one one else did... we got drunk and one thing led to another. We have been together ever since...

The funny thing is that our lives are the same but reversed. We are both only children, he was raised by his mom and I was raised by my dad. He is a mama's boy and I'm a daddy's girl... go figure!

Sorry if I dont make sense... I have been drinking and it's Friday!smile159.gif
wow, I feel like I'm reading my story!!! I moved from NC to Atlanta b/c I broke of an engagement. FI had moved to Atl from Boston 6 months before me as a last shot to saving his marriage. We worked for the same company as well. His marriage obviously ended and that new years we ended up at the same party...got drunk together, one thing led to another and the rest is history. the next week we went on our first official date like I had posted earlier. So I feel you on the fate thing...everything happens for a reason!!

FI and I have been online friends for... 7 years or so. However, at the time, I was dating someone else. When my boyfriend at the time told me that he had to move to Texas, I decided to come along even though I wasn't too crazy about the place.

About 3 months after moving here, things with the ex fell apart. My best friend here ended up moving to Dallas (about 4 hours away), too. I was so bummed. I spent a lot of time talking with FI online and he decided to come visit me (he lived in Cali) to cheer me up.

After that first meeting, there was just no denying that there was something else going on here. He canceled his return flight and stayed in Texas. Crazy, right?!

Here goes ill promise to try and keep it short

I had started a new job as a maternity care assistant which meant i had to work nights.Within three weeks my marriage was finally over and i was bringing up three teenage boys and working shifts including nights.On my first full day after all the induction stuff that comes with working for the NHS i arrived home went to buy milk and my car jerked and juddered to a holt.I put it in the local garage where they fiddled and bodged and two months later just before christmas after dropping my son to work i called into an old friend whos home i had never been in cos his parents lived next door and i always saw him there.I asked him if i should trade it in cos it was so unreliable which meant i felt very vunerable working away from home.He invited me in and made me a cup of tea all the while keeping to himself that Paul (FH) was on his way over for the evening his marriage had broken down and he was in a bad way loosing his children and having his nose rubbed into the ground by his wife.He arrived and unbeknown to me my friend had been trying to get us out on a date.Paul had arrived and seen my car an ouldnt believe i was there.Anyway sparks flew that evening and he said not to book my car in the garage next time it broke down he would look at it.Christmas eve it broke down!!!! on the 27th he came and looked at it,and fixed it!!!! I had been invited that evening for dinner and so had Paul again neither of us knew.We have been dating ever since.On valentines day he woke me at lunchtime as i had been on nights and presented me with a diamond ring which he said was a promise ring.

I had seen Paul at my old place of work whilst chatting and thought he looks sad if i had served him id of asked him if he was ok lol now hes about to become my husband and his mum tells me shes never seen him so happy.I have a fantastic hubby 2 b and a very sweet MIL 2 B XX

Here goes ill promise to try and keep it short

I had started a new job as a maternity care assistant which meant i had to work nights.Within three weeks my marriage was finally over and i was bringing up three teenage boys and working shifts including nights.On my first full day after all the induction stuff that comes with working for the NHS i arrived home went to buy milk and my car jerked and juddered to a holt.I put it in the local garage where they fiddled and bodged and two months later just before christmas after dropping my son to work i called into an old friend whos home i had never been in cos his parents lived next door and i always saw him there.I asked him if i should trade it in cos it was so unreliable which meant i felt very vunerable working away from home.He invited me in and made me a cup of tea all the while keeping to himself that Paul (FH) was on his way over for the evening his marriage had broken down and he was in a bad way loosing his children and having his nose rubbed into the ground by his wife.He arrived and unbeknown to me my friend had been trying to get us out on a date.Paul had arrived and seen my car an ouldnt believe i was there.Anyway sparks flew that evening and he said not to book my car in the garage next time it broke down he would look at it.Christmas eve it broke down!!!! on the 27th he came and looked at it,and fixed it!!!! I had been invited that evening for dinner and so had Paul again neither of us knew.We have been dating ever since.On valentines day he woke me at lunchtime as i had been on nights and presented me with a diamond ring which he said was a promise ring.

I had seen Paul at my old place of work whilst chatting and thought he looks sad if i had served him id of asked him if he was ok lol now hes about to become my husband and his mum tells me shes never seen him so happy.I have a fantastic hubby 2 b and a very sweet MIL 2 B XX

I forgot to add he charged me £20 for fixing my car.