It gets better!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
  • 344 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hello Ladies,

If anyone is like me when announced I was having a destination wedding I got mix ba of tricks from everyone. Unfortunately my family were the ones questioning my decision. My mom told me I should just go off and get married and come back because a DW was stupid. My dad told me nobody was going to be there. My FI just wanted me to be happy. Now that it is a few weeks away EVERYONE is excited! When I sent my mom a pic of the location she was in awe. She said it was BEAUTIFUL!!

So to all the brides. Just know that it gets better. It just takes longer for other people to see it.

#2 bride2b10

bride2b10
    • 320 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

We are in stage 1 with the parents (just the inlaws, not mine :-) )... waiting for stage 2... :)
      http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#3 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
      • 344 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

I promise it gets better. It just happened about two weeks ago. And my wedding is in less than two months.

#4 Patti

Patti
        • 555 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:18 PM

It's be 3 weeks since my wedding and everyone had a blast. Even my 85 year old mother (I'm an older bride). Everyone said we needed to make it a yearly event - lol>

#5 surprise4us

surprise4us
          • 119 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:57 PM

Thank you for the encouraging words. Our parents are great (to our faces, its the strained smiles that kill me) its the friends that are hurting the most.

#6 Girasole

Girasole
            • 757 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

I went through the same thing with my parents. They swore they weren't going, it was stupid, we were wasting our money, etc. Now they are so excite for their vacation. Luckily FIs family didn't tell us if they had concerns, ha!
              Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#7 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
              • 344 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by surprise4us
                Thank you for the encouraging words. Our parents are great (to our faces, its the strained smiles that kill me) its the friends that are hurting the most.
                Understood! I cried and prayed many times during this process because of how some people reacted to us having a DW. If I knew everybody would be this excited at the end I would have saved my tears. Hindsight is 20/20 so from one DW to another DW...enjoy this process!

#8 McToasty

McToasty
                • 170 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up for smoother waters! hehe. I've had it pretty well b/c everyone's been quite supportive, but having heard some of the other brides' stories, i can imagine they would be very happy to hear that things can't keep going downhill forever! :P

#9 Preciousmi811

Preciousmi811
                  • 342 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

Thank you for this I feel like there is hope.
                    One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#10 vdaybride

vdaybride
                    • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:12 AM

Thanks for sharing!
                      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users