Photo

buying a new laptop....

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

ladies i need to buy a new laptop (fast) mine is totally busted!
    anyone have any good recommendaions or know of any good deals?

#2 beachbum

beachbum
    • 351 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

My FI and I got a fairly good deal at PC Richard (I see you are in NJ...) we bought a HP, and got two rebates for it. I'm not the best to ask though, since we mainly use a computer at home for the purpose of internet.

#3 NHPT

NHPT
      • 3,848 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

i am still totally in love iwth my 3 year old mac book. i got the really basic one for like $999 i think and i have not had one single problem with it in the past 3 years. macs seem to run faster because you dont have to get the spyware stuff for them.
        Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#4 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
        • 5,466 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

Im in the same boat and need to buy one.. I think im going to get the MacBook Pro?

#5 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
          • 5,649 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:49 PM

DH and I are looking in to a new one too but we're looking more or less at notebooks since we don't want to lug around a heavy laptop (this is more for surfing/at home use mind you). Anyhoo, my DH is a computer programmer and has also built several of our desktop PCs. Lots of people like to ask him for recommendations and he will usually tell them it all depends on what you need the lap top for, what kind of performance you expect out of it, etc. I think it's really a matter of personal preference. Anyhoo, that's just my two cents...good luck Alyssa! :)

#6 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
            • 2,754 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:50 PM

I bought a new laptop over the holidays. I realllly wanted a Macbook but it wasn't in my budget so I ended up buying a Dell Inspiron and upgrading the processor and size of the hard drive. So far it hasn't done me wrong!

#7 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:59 PM

I'd go for the macbook pro - its worth every penny.

#8 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,532 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:09 PM

I need a laptop too but I'm afraid of Macs. I'm thinking of getting an HP but haven't really price shopped yet.

#9 Jess

Jess
                  • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:11 PM

I used to be afraid of macs also, but now Paul has one and I love them. Once you get used to them they are a lot easier than a PC.

#10 debbmach

debbmach
                    • 1,457 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

I say definitely go with a MacBook...they're great! I've had mine for over 3 years and i LOVE it! I had to replace my hard drive a couple of months ago (I downloaded a program I shouldn't have and it messed it up), but they replaced it for free! and they gave me more memory! Their customer service is amazing!
                      Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!
                      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users