Photo

Islamorada, Florida

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 tynee

tynee
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

We are looking at doing the exact same thing, possibly Islamorada.  Funny thing is I had already requested info about the property inanna stayed at before seeing these posts.  Our biggest problem is finding a beach house that can handle an outdoor party the size we want (100).  I really hope we can figure it out.

A big headache we've found at the resorts is they want to charge an exorbitant amount for bar service and liquor costs.  And you have to buy all your liquor through only them, and no cash bar, etc etc.  I just get tired of all the rules that force you to pay up.

Inanna, I sent you a pm, hope you get it.

Thanks!

#22 Jber713

Jber713
    • 179 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

I just got back from our wedding at The Islander Resort. I have to say I was very impressed with everything the staff did to make our day so special! I would recommend it to anyone interested in the Islamorada area. We have a small place on the beach down there but I wanted a no fuss wedding and that is exactly what I had at the Islander Resort. Also they are building a huge banquet hall on the property for anyone who wants to get married on the beach and have the reception inside. (That's what we did to stay out of the heat) They currently have a small meeting building that was perfect for our wedding of 30 people. They are very reasonable with pricing also.

Jen

#23 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
      • 438 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

We just Vacationed in Islamorada.  We rented a cottage to stay in off of VRBO.com.  The postcard Inn seemed nice, we took a sunset cruise that left from there one night.  We ate a a nice restaurant on the beach Morada Bay, very romantic set-up with tiki torches. 

#24 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
        • 438 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

http://www.moradabay-restaurant.com

#25 Keysbride2013

Keysbride2013
          • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

Hello ladies!! I just started a post about a ceremony site in Islamorada but thought I'd pick all you Keys brides brains on this one too! :-D. My fiancĀ© and I are having a runaway wedding just the two of us, my sister and her boyfriend and our two best friends. We are trying to find the perfect sandy beach with palm trees to get married on! Since all we need is a ceremony site do you ladies have any suggestions? We really wanted to do it at Moorings Village as the beach is AMAZING but they only allow weddings at the sister property...which is Pierre's. So...any suggestions? We're looking at: Pierre's Cheeca Lodge The Islander Coconut Cove Holiday Isle Postcard Hotel Are any if these more beautiful/private than the other? We're looking to get gorgeous pictures and would love a beautiful property to do so! Thanks so much for your help!!

#26 Southern Photos

Southern Photos
            • Banned
            • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

Try Southernmost Photography in Key West they might still be able to help you with questions about the area http://keywestweddingphotography.com/

Daniel

Daniel Kolbe

Owner/Photographer

Southernmost Photography

Keywestweddingphotography.com

#27 cschneider0027

cschneider0027
              • Site Supporter
              • 23 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Congratulations, KeysBride2013!

We are having our wedding at Pierre's in six weeks! The location is 100 percent why we selected it, but I will say that if there are only 6 of you there, the site fee is ludicrous. We also worked with the folks from the Holiday Isle and Postcard Inn -- both groups are great. I think you'll have better luck looking at The Islander and Postcard if you are budget-concious.

Good luck!! 

#28 PCIislandbride

PCIislandbride
                • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi my name is Jill Campbell and I am a sales manager at Postcard Inn in Islamorada, I would love to send you some informationa and pictures about having your wedding with us here. We have a beautiful resort that just finished being renovated and we our affordable:)

http://careweddings.com/julia-and-alex-post-card-inn-islamorada-weddings/

Jill Campbell

84001 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, Fl 33070

305-433-9945

#29 PCIislandbride

PCIislandbride
                  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi, my name is Jill and I am a sales manager in Islamorada for Postcard Inna nd La Siesta resorts. We have a 5 bedroom house on the ocean that is incredable, and we our affordable. You can email me and I will send you our wedding package and promise not to harass you:) we really have 2 of the best properties in Islamorada - ones that people can actually afford:) here are two links to our resorts

Jill Campbell 305-433-9945

Postacrd Inn http://careweddings.com/julia-and-alex-post-card-inn-islamorada-weddings/

La Siesta

#30 PCIislandbride

PCIislandbride
                    • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hi thanks for the good remarks at Postcard Inn - I am a sales manager at Postacrd and we try to stay very competive:) Let me know if you ever need a room block - even if you have your event at a church, or home, etc. We loved for your guest to stay here with us, Jill Campbell 305-433-9945

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users