Islamorada, Florida

jcarvale

Hi Ladies,

For all you Brides looking to get married in Islamorada, there are so many amazing locations in town that you will never find on-line. I see a lot of the big resorts listed but if you are interested in renting a private house or a boutique resort there are tons of options that leave you being able to personalize your wedding more so than what a resort has to offer. 

I'm a local wedding planner here in Islamorada and have tons of resources to help you ladies find all the right vendors and locations. Please take a look at my FB page to see pictures of past weddings.

www.facebook.com/bluewaterweddings

and my website

www.Blue-Water-Weddings.com

I can save you tons on using local vendors that don't charge to drive from miami.

I also own an event design store at mm80 and rent out all of the decor you could imagine, not just tables and chairs, but centerpieces, napkin rings, colored/printed linens, card boxes,lounge furniture, custom made signs, seating charts, menus, programs, all the cool stuff on Etsy you want we have at a huge discount !

It saves you a ton to rent items, as well as convienece of not having to ship and lug it all down  with you

We do design meetings via Skype as well for all you brides who can't make it down in person!

Blue Water Weddings is a must for all Florida Keys Brides

Danielle Smith

305-240-0646

Danielle@blue-water-weddings.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response. i was out of the country the last few weeks. We are using dillon photography. They are based out of palm beach. I tried to use bob care because the hotel highly recommended him, but he was already booked for our date. I found most of the photographers in the area to be very expensive. We are having a steel drum player on the beach for the ceremony and a dj during the reception upstairs in the horizon room. Reel ting is providing both services. They are a band, but also offer just a one man show and other types of musicians as well. The steel drum player also djs so it worked out to be better for our needs. Hotel highly recommended and we were able to hear him play at another wedding and loved him which was why we booked. Hope this helps! My problem has been finding a florist. Any suggestions?

• 4 months later...

Hi! I am planning my wedding for March 2015 in Islamorada. Pretty sure we are going with The Islander. Just was wondering how your wedding turned out there? Also, you said your were able to negotiate price with them and I am just curious in what ways were you able to? Thanks for any info!!

We just got married in Islamorada, loved it.  All of our vendors were recommended locally and were awesome.  Here's a list of those we used, great group of people:

Day-of-Coordinator:   http://www.blue-water-weddings.com/

Julia with Blue Water Weddings was worth her weight in gold.  She listed her service as a day-of-coordinator, but she worked for many days, relentlessly bringing up, covering, and taking care of every little detail, many of which we had not even considered.  We didn't even know how much we needed her until the day came, and she handled all the craziness like a pro, never breaking a sweat.  Best wedding idea ever.  Unending patience.

Catererhttp://www.alittletasteofthekeys.com/

Cheryl with A little Taste of the Keys was awesome.  Very efficient, flexible, and customized her menu to fit us.  Great price too.  She catered the rehearsal dinner and reception, delicious fresh food, some of it made on site.  Stellar job.  She has a preferred bartender too she can recommend.  He was the life of the party.  I believe his name was Richmond?

Flowers:   http://www.floralfantasyweddings.com/

Floral Fantasy is a very cozy shop, seemed to be a mom and daughter business, but they nailed it.  Very good value, perfect arrangements, and all we showed them was a few photos of what we liked and they ran with it and offered great suggestions.  the flowers are still alive days later.  Surprising value as well.

Photographer:    http://www.bobcareweddings.com/

Bob Care had a two photographer team, plus the videographer.  He was very easy to deal with, open to new suggestions and unique ideas, had valuable recommendations on schedule, and from what he showed us during the night, a great knack for catching the "feel" of the event.  His team was unobtrusive, and typically melted into the background.  Very excited for the results.

DJ:   http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/russ-ginsberg-djmchost-plantation/de6a1b2ea0311cee.html

Russ Ginsberg was another lucky find.  Effortless to work with, very organized, excellent value, and knew how to play the right music at the right time.  We were worried since we'd never seen him perform and handle a crowd, but he brought great energy to the night.

Steel Drummer:    http://21stcenturysteelband.com/home.htm

Michael Kernahan delivered a two-man team, hassle free, very island-like feel, and just rolled with any request or schedule change we had.  Both our families loved this touch.  And the value was unbeatable.

Cigar Roller:   Magic City Cigars

Waldo, brought another man, Oswald I believe.  Can't list the website, but not hard to find.  Very authentic, very nice, our guests loved this touch.  Perfect for cocktail hour.  Highly recommended.

Ok, that's all I can think of for now.  I'm probably leaving others off, and I apologize.  Hopefully this will help anyone with planning needs or recommendations.  Good luck all.

-Happy Groom

Cakes!  I did forget.

Cakes:  http://www.bobsbunz.com/

Bob's Bunz, Gloria and Bob are OUTSTANDING.  We had a tower of personal mini key lime bunt cakes.  They also provided an amazing key lime cheesecake for the grooms cake (bride insisted on this, I relented).  And a small topper cake for us to cut.  Bob worked some magic into those pastries, and Gloria was one of those happy people you never forget.  They also provided key lime cookies for the hotel favors.  Don't pass them up.