Photo

Editing a song on an iPod or CD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 daniepps

daniepps
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

I have a song on my iPod that I want to walk down the aisle on but the song is about 3 1/2 minutes long and I want to somehow get it down to about 1 1/2 minutes by removing the second verse and the chorus. Does anyone know how I can edit the song on an iPod? I also have it on CD if it can be edited that way.

#2 march132010

march132010
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

Would love to know the answer to this question....

#3 AishaB

AishaB
      • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:38 AM

I think it can be done in Garageband (i.e., if you have a mac).
        BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#4 Blue Skies

Blue Skies
        • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

Not sure if this will help you or anyone else, but I just discovered that in i-tunes if you right click a song, then click on "get info", then click "options", you can alter the start and stop time of a song (i.e. get rid of that really long blank space on either side that some songs have). It transfers onto the ipod and really makes the play-list flow together much better I have found. You can also adjust the volume of each song on here too if you need to...itunes is supposed to automatically adjust them all if you have it set up to do that, but I've noticed it doesn't always work for me.

Anyhow if there is a good place in your song that you could just end it, this may possibly work for you. Sorry so late on responding to this, been working on a play-list for months and just stumbled onto this part of i-tunes!!

#5 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
          • 2,727 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Blue Skies
            Not sure if this will help you or anyone else, but I just discovered that in i-tunes if you right click a song, then click on "get info", then click "options", you can alter the start and stop time of a song (i.e. get rid of that really long blank space on either side that some songs have). It transfers onto the ipod and really makes the play-list flow together much better I have found. You can also adjust the volume of each song on here too if you need to...itunes is supposed to automatically adjust them all if you have it set up to do that, but I've noticed it doesn't always work for me.

Anyhow if there is a good place in your song that you could just end it, this may possibly work for you. Sorry so late on responding to this, been working on a play-list for months and just stumbled onto this part of i-tunes!!
            I was going to suggest doing this as well, you would just have to listen to the song and chose the part that you want and make sure to write down the time of the song from where the verse you like starts and where it ends. After that you just enter those numbers in the START TIME an d STOP TIME slots and hit OK.
            He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
            My Planning Thread

#6 dianep

dianep
            • 532 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

thanks, ladies, this is great to know! now i just need to figure out what songs we're going to use - and how long the walk down the isle is! :)
              http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
              and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users