How long for pro pictures - 3hrs or 5 hrs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 riunegrilbride2010

riunegrilbride2010
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

I want to hire sungold photography but am torn between the 3hr package
    ($1200) or the 5hr ($1950). I just want pics of getting ready/ceremony/beach photoshoot with my party. Would 3 hours be enough for that?

#2 NaM

NaM
    • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:58 PM

We hired ours for 5 hours and I wish we would've had an hour or so more. But i also wanted lots of reception, dinner, party pictures...not so much portraits.

I would say go for more just in case something runs late...it's better to have them and not need them than want them and not have them.

#3 riunegrilbride2010

riunegrilbride2010
      • 51 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

Was it worth it having them for the reception shots?

#4 NaM

NaM
        • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

YESSSS!! Cause at that point nobody really had their camera out...they were more worried about eating, dancing, drinking, etc
          So I'm really glad we have nice shots of us cutting the cake, throwing the bouquet, garter toss, toasts, the set up and just dancing in general. TOTALLY WORTH IT!

#5 riunegrilbride2010

riunegrilbride2010
          • 51 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by NaM
            YESSSS!! Cause at that point nobody really had their camera out...they were more worried about eating, dancing, drinking, etc
            So I'm really glad we have nice shots of us cutting the cake, throwing the bouquet, garter toss, toasts, the set up and just dancing in general. TOTALLY WORTH IT!
            My ceremony is at 2 so I'm not sure when my reception will start so now I'm torn...I really want the reception pics now! Was your reception right after the wedding?

#6 NaM

NaM
            • 2,256 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:04 AM

Yeah, we had a cocktail hour and then reception right after. That would probably make a difference. Maybe you could have a guest who has a nice camera be the designated photographer for the evening?

#7 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
              • 344 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

I only have for three hours but you may make me change my package. Thanks for the info.

#8 kerrij

kerrij
                • 300 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

I would say go as long as you can. we are bringing our photog so we get her alllll day. from getting ready (which i think are some of the best pics of both bride and groom) to the ceremony and then the reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users