Sign in to follow this  
riunegrilbride2010

How long for pro pictures - 3hrs or 5 hrs

We hired ours for 5 hours and I wish we would've had an hour or so more. But i also wanted lots of reception, dinner, party pictures...not so much portraits.

I would say go for more just in case something runs late...it's better to have them and not need them than want them and not have them.

YESSSS!! Cause at that point nobody really had their camera out...they were more worried about eating, dancing, drinking, etc

So I'm really glad we have nice shots of us cutting the cake, throwing the bouquet, garter toss, toasts, the set up and just dancing in general. TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaM View Post
YESSSS!! Cause at that point nobody really had their camera out...they were more worried about eating, dancing, drinking, etc
So I'm really glad we have nice shots of us cutting the cake, throwing the bouquet, garter toss, toasts, the set up and just dancing in general. TOTALLY WORTH IT!
My ceremony is at 2 so I'm not sure when my reception will start so now I'm torn...I really want the reception pics now! Was your reception right after the wedding?

Yeah, we had a cocktail hour and then reception right after. That would probably make a difference. Maybe you could have a guest who has a nice camera be the designated photographer for the evening?

I would say go as long as you can. we are bringing our photog so we get her alllll day. from getting ready (which i think are some of the best pics of both bride and groom) to the ceremony and then the reception.