Photo

When do mail your Invitations?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KimmyD

KimmyD
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

This may be a silly question but... When do you actually mail your wedding invitations? I am mailing my STD's this week, 8 months before the wedding. I read that here on this website, but I can't find anything on invitations. Thanks!!
    http://global.thekno...rs/tt4304d.aspx
    28 Booked + Bride & Groom
    78 Room Nights!

#2 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
    • 417 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

I mailed my STD about a year out so people started thinking about it, and then as soon as our details were all figured out I finished my invites and mailed them with the wedding info as well as the AHR info. (about 7 months prior). We wanted everyone to have as much time and notice as possible.
      However, we are finding that hardly anyone has RSVP'd for the AHR since the invite went out so long ago. We should have done a seperate invite for the AHR.
      I am now sending an EVITE to remind everyone to RSVP..maybe a little tacky to do that tho!

#3 Sheree10

Sheree10
      • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:57 PM

We sent out our STD's 11-12 months before the wedding then created a website and sent travel info. I plan to send out formal invites in the beginning of March ( 4 months before).
        http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#4 cogswellgray

cogswellgray
        • 330 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:13 AM

I sent my STD's out 10mths prior and am planning on sending my invites in feburary, soo7 months prior.
          At this point, I think you should send your invites as soon as possible.

#5 KimmyD

KimmyD
          • 351 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for all the help! I think I am behind, when I get all of my resort details finalized, which should be early next week I will order my invitations.
            http://global.thekno...rs/tt4304d.aspx
            28 Booked + Bride & Groom
            78 Room Nights!

#6 daniepps

daniepps
            • 304 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KimmyD
              Thanks for all the help! I think I am behind, when I get all of my resort details finalized, which should be early next week I will order my invitations.
              I don't think you're behind. I sent my STDs out in September which was 9 months before the wedding but I still haven't sent out my invitations yet. They're ready to go but since most of my people have already paid their deposit the invitations are just a formality. I think I'll send them this week though.

#7 dimplz05

dimplz05
              • 214 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

We sent our STD's 7 months before the wedding and then we actually aren't sending invitations because we already know who is coming to Mexico because they have booked. In lieu of invitations we are sending a pre-travel package with a letter, brochure and luggage tags!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users