Sign in to follow this  
negrilbridetoo

Chemical peels

Hello ladies,

My skin/face is looking rather dull and flaky this time of year. I have been considering getting a chemical peel done professionally in the next month or so. If it goes well, I would get a couple weeks prior to my wedding in May.

Has anyone had experience with this type of facial treatment? If so, what type of peel have you had?

I started having microdermabrasion facials about a year before my wedding. The last three months I also had a chemical peel. didn't have any reaction at all - but everyone is different and it all depends on what kind of peel you have. I think my non-reaction was largely because my aesthician knew my face and because my face was "in shape" for it.

If you haven't had this done before and don't have a technician that knows your skin, I might suggest just getting a microdermabrasion, but ask them what kind of machine they use. The old technology is a wand that shoots finite particles on your face and then vacuums it up. The newer tool is a vibrating metal spatula. I like the newer one better.

I had microdermabrasion done once and then switched up to a couple peels before my wedding. I had a few old marks on my face that I wanted to fade and the peels helped. I ended up ordering a peel online because I wanted to do 1 a week and it was too inconvenient for me to go during the week. It worked out well and I had good results. I also bought a Clarisonic face brush which I'm in love with. I usually flake in the winter but this has really helped to keep my skin smooth. Good luck!

I heard great things about microdermabrasion, but per my dermatologist I went with an Enzyme Peel instead. It worked great! The only down fall was...My skin is really fair and pretty sensitive so the day of and after was pretty red and blotchy, but it will go away and leave your skin so soft and glowing.

Anyone had any luck shrinking pores? My face looks like a golf ball and I HATE IT! I'm thinking of getting peels or microderm to shrink them, but I'm not sure what's the best.

How long did you peel after a chemical peel? My dermatologist has recommend several for me prior to the wedding but said I can expect to peel for 3-4 days. I wanted to tell her I am not some rich house wife like she is used to seeing in her office (in the rich house wife area of town) and will have to go to work.

I started using Obagi Nuderm at home that is also supposed to make me peel and come out with a new complexion. I have used it for over a week and the only thing red are the folds of my neck. I am so afraid I am going to wake up one day with half my face sloughing off and have to go to work. I also travel a lot for work so I don't want people staring at me like a freak in the airport.

Saphire,

Pore size is mostly about genetics, but they can get larger when they are dirty. So a series of cleansing facials (even at home) should help a little, but this isn't something you can chemically alter. Try using a heated clay mask followed by a Neutrogena nose strip once a week.

Crap... my parents both have HUGE pores. I use a mask and pore strips already... but the mask isn't heated. Do you have a particular mask you recommend?

I thought that certain peels and microderm were supposed to help pore size... is that all a sham?