Photo

Haiti Hit by Earthquake

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:11 AM

This is crazy, sad, and horrific. Now Im worried we leave for Turks and Caicos on Sunday for our wedding. Tsunamis are scary and Im definitely terrified of them (one of my worst fears). I pray nothing happens on our trip! Praying for all the families in haiti!

#12 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
    • Banned
    • 3,639 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:52 PM

I will be thinking of you Tucks it will be ok! Hang in there!

#13 classadiva

classadiva
      • 685 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

I think the Tsunami warnings have been removed so you should be fine!!

#14 BachataBride

BachataBride
        • Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

So devastating! I can't even imagine going through this. My thoughts are with all those people.

#15 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
          • Vendor
          • 336 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by future_mrs2010
            This is crazy, sad, and horrific. Now Im worried we leave for Turks and Caicos on Sunday for our wedding. Tsunamis are scary and Im definitely terrified of them (one of my worst fears). I pray nothing happens on our trip! Praying for all the families in haiti!
            We're all fine in the T&C, we didn't feel anything, most of us found out about the tsunami warning after it was over. The 17 miles of shallow sandbanks to the south of us would make a tsunami coming from the south very difficult to become big. Our island is fine and ready for you to come.

We do have a large Haitian community on island though and many of our friends are working hard to find out about loved ones in Haiti. Please keep all of them in your prayers.

Krys

#16 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
            • 5,521 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

Great that makes me feel much better! Can not wait to meet Ileana! Thanks again!

My prayers go out to everyone!

#17 KPEG

KPEG
              • 267 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

Maybe I'm a wee bit of a worry-wart....but is anyone concerned about your wedding/travels to the DR because of the proximity of the earthquakes in Haiti?

Our wedding is in May but I'm a bit concerned. Not to be selfish though, I feel for the people of Haiti and pray for them to recover from this disaster.

#18 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
                • 734 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

My dad lives in DR and he said they have not been affected. I hope this helps put you at ease.
                  http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                  http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#19 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
                  • 653 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

My TA says the buildings shook and the pool overflowed, but otherwise they're fine.

#20 KPEG

KPEG
                    • 267 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the quick response! That does help a bit but I just worry that a country that hadn't experienced such a quake in 200 years had 2 in just a week and 2 that were high on the Richter scale!

Thanks for the info, especially since your dad is the one that's there. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users