Photo

New GROOM from Toronto

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 zoli

zoli
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

Good Day folks! I've been reading this forum for the past week and it's helped greatly in narrowing down our list of places/resorts we are looking to get married at. My name is Zoli, and my fiancee Sasha and I are looking to get married in the next 10-14 months somewhere warm - most likely in the Dominican. We only recently got engaged so we're very early into our planning, but I'm anxious to nail down a date and place. Wish us luck!!

By the way, are there any other grooms on this site? It seems like only brides are interested in researching their weddings on here Doesn't matter to me either way, just curious.. Cheers!

#2 ~Katie~

~Katie~
    • 1,225 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

hi Zoli,

welcome to the site :) and yes I have seen other grooms on here too....just not many lol

congrats on your upcoming wedding and HAPPY PLANNING!!

#3 baj

baj
      • 1,555 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

hi, congrat's & welcome to the forum

#4 bikegirl

bikegirl
        • Banned
        • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by zoli
          Good Day folks! I've been reading this forum for the past week and it's helped greatly in narrowing down our list of places/resorts we are looking to get married at. My name is Zoli, and my fiancee Sasha and I are looking to get married in the next 10-14 months somewhere warm - most likely in the Dominican. We only recently got engaged so we're very early into our planning, but I'm anxious to nail down a date and place. Wish us luck!!

By the way, are there any other grooms on this site? It seems like only brides are interested in researching their weddings on here Doesn't matter to me either way, just curious.. Cheers!
          Hey Zoli! Glad to see a groom here. My fiance registered at TheKnot.com but you one upped him by actually posting on a forum. Lol!

My fiance and I were very recently engaged, too but I am also looking already despite a spring 2011 wedding. I'm looking at the Dominican (Punta Cana) and Mayan Rivera now. Any thoughts on a place for you, yet?

#5 zoli

zoli
          • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

If we go to Punta Cana, we're considering Dreams (recommended by a family friend) or the Iberostar Bavaro... leaning more towards the latter due to their selection of resorts at varying price points for our guests. We're supposed to be talking to a travel agent who's in the family to help guide us through the array of destinations and resorts, so once we talk to her I'll update here.

I'm a forum hound, so as soon as we decided on a destination wedding I started hunting for one to join. You just can't beat first-hand experience and advice!

Thanks for the welcomes!

#6 kris

kris
            • 506 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

Wow your the first groom Ive run into! Nice to see you care enough to be involved haha. Congrats and welcome!

#7 ~Crista-Lee~

~Crista-Lee~
              • 329 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

Welcome Groomy! If only I could get my FI on here to get inspired!

This forum is an awesome resource! Have fun!

#8 debbmach

debbmach
                • 1,457 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
                  http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#9 Jenna in Jamaica

Jenna in Jamaica
                  • 166 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

Congrats and happy planning!

#10 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                    • 5,521 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:58 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum! Congrats~!