Delta & Continental increased Baggage Fees!!
Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:18 PM
You will now have to pay $23 USD for the 1st bag and $32 for the 2nd bad if you bag online. If you pay at the ticket counter it is $25 for the 1st and $35 for the 2nd
For tickets purchased on or after September 19, 2009 for travel on or after October 13, 2009: For travel to Latin America - including Mexico, Caribbean, Central, and South America (excluding Brazil)-Economy Class
The 1st bag is Free and the 2nd bag is $25 if paid before hand and $30 if paying at ticket counter.
The link below is to Delta Baggage Home page.
Baggage Allowances on Flights
Continental looks to have the same prices as delta. Continental baggage Fee page is below
Continental Airlines - Checked Baggage Fees
Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:41 PM
Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:32 PM
Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:35 PM
Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:59 PM
The following customers will not be charged service fees to check a first or second bag:
* OnePass Silver Elite members and Star Alliance Silver members*
* OnePass Platinum and Gold Elite members and Star Alliance Gold members*
* First Class customers**
* BusinessFirst customers**
* Continental Airlines Chase primary cardmembers will have their first checked-bag fees automatically waived
* Continental Airlines Presidential Plus primary cardmembers will have their first and second checked-bag fees automatically waived
* Any customer traveling on full fare economy class (Y) tickets
* Active U.S. military personnel+
* U.S. military dependents traveling with U.S. military personnel on personal travel++
* U.S. military dependents traveling on official business (with documentation
Pretty easy to get around it if you fly Continental often, or if you have some time apply for that credit card and you get at least 1 bag each waived. **OR tell all your hubbys to be that you all deserve to be flying 1st class, and then it no problem at all*** WINK WINK** Happy Travels Ladies!
Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:21 PM
Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:28 AM
Airlines have gradually been raising the fees they charge for checked bags. These fees are among the many things that an increasing number of air passengers are not satisfied with. The greatest collector is Delta Airlines, which accumulated almost $900 million in baggage charges alone last year. The airline will hit $1 billion in baggage charges by 2014 at its existing pace. Article resource: Delta Airlines.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users