Sign in to follow this  
Chill Bride

Wedding Coordinator Recommendations

I am looking to get married in either Tulum (more proable) or Akumal in August 2010. We are doing a site visit beginning of Feb. I would like to contact some coordinators before then to maybe meet them there and also for them to give suggestions on venue. Any recommendations for that area?

Other advice for a site visit? Venues? I feel so green at all of this.

We are looking at having the wedding at either a small independent hotel or a villa that we rent out for the week.

I wish I could help, but I am grateful for you and your site visit....if you go to Dreams Tulum. I am getting married May 30th, 2010 and have worked with both Aurora and most recently Natalia. I would value any input you have from your site visit! Congrats and good luck!! :)

Sorry I am not going to Dreams Tulum. But it looks like there is a lot of info on this site. I am looking at smaller hotels in Tulum and can only find 1 or 2 or no wedding reviews on people that have gotten married at these hotels so the site visit will be invaluable.

My FI and I are marrying in Tulum at Hotel Milamores, a pair of private villas on the beach road. We have hired Malisa as our WC. She is completely vested in our wedding and is an excellent resource on Tulum. I found local WC to be very vanilla while Malisa provides first class service. If you need additional advice PM me and I will give you florists, photographers and names of additional hotels.

Marie

Hi Chill Bride!

I see you are from SF - I'm in Maryland now but originally from the Bay Area and all my family is still there.

I am NOT interested in a cookie-cutter wedding, but rather something more unique, private, and charming. Sounds like you are of the same mind?

If so, I highly recommend contacting Malisa (info@destinationscout.com) about helping you plan. She met us in Tulum in November to scout out locations, caterers, forists, hair stylists, musicians, etc. Her negotiating skills are tremendous and she is a wealth of information about the area.

The venue depends on what you are looking for and how many guests you have.

Malisa helped us narrow down to a few choices based on our needs and then she arranged a special rate to spend a night or two at each of the venues, which I recommend doing.

When is your wedding? Ours is Nov. and we will have around 65 guests.

Happy Planning!

Kristiaan

Thanks for all the recommendations. Where are you getting married PhotoBride? We are hoping to get married in late August and are checking out 8 venues in Tulum when we are there in 3 weeks. 65 guests is a lot for a destination wedding! We are inviting 100 people but to be honest I hope only 40 or so come. I definitely want something unique as well. I know Ana y Jose do a lot of weddings but I know a lot for the area compared to all the A/Is is not much, but still I feel like they are still been there done that.

I am not sure we or our guests can afford Milamores so I think that is most likely out but all the rest of the hotels are an option. Any feedback on the ones you have seen would be great.

I will use your advice and contanct Malissa. Malissa, expect an email this weekend. Thanks!

Congratulations and happy planning! I have had the pleasure of working with Malisa from Destination Scout and have nothing but wonderful things to say about her! I was married in a villa in Tulum this last November and Malisa was instrumental with many logistical arrangements both for our guests and with other coordination details. She is extremely resourceful and calm under pressure. She would be a great place to start with your wedding planning! I would be happy to answer any questions if you would like to PM me.