Dreams Puerto Vallarta OR VillaMagna?!?!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 jdusold

• 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

Hello- I just got back from Dreams VillaMagna and had a fabulous time!! I visited both Dreams VM and Dreams PV for possible wedding locations, and loved them both!! I am having the hardest time deciding which one to choose!! I want to take my guests for a rehersal dinner in PV, so am not sure if Dreams PV would be more convenient, but I LOVE the Gohan Rooftop bar and VM!! Any suggestions/ ideas would be very helpful!!

#2 Sandy

• 75 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

I'll be staying at Dreams Villamagna in about a week from now - getting married in exactly two weeks today!!! I am having my welcome dinner in puerto vallarta (at el palomar de las gonzales) so I will let you know how it goes with the distance from nuevo to puerto.

#3 jdusold

• 10 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:40 PM

Sandy- thanks!! Please do! May I ask where is your reception and ceremony going to be at VillaMagna? How many guests will you be having?

#4 Mel&B

• 613 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

The distance from Puerto Vallarta to Nuevo Vallarta is about 30 minutes.

#5 aussie

• 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:18 PM

Hi there, good luck on deciding!

I have been trying to get in touch with someone from Dreams Villamagna about a group rate. We are getting married in PV in June and are looking for a place for our guests to stay - we are estimating 80-100 people. Have you been working with anyone who has been responsive at VM? If so, would you mind sharing their contact info with me? I need to lock this down ASAP as June is not too far away.

#6 weddinggirl72

• 139 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

I think its totally fine to have the welcome dinner in PV and ceremony/reception in NV, especially if you hire a charter bus to take everyone to PV. It would be a nice ride, you could even provide corona's for your guests to enjoy while they ride.
              So far 68 RSVP's and 56 people are booked to stay at the resort!

#7 allyson779

• 238 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

I don't think you can really go wrong with either resort and after visiting both resorts, I also had the hardest time picking between the two.
                In the end I loved the overall modern vibe and room decor of Dreams Villamagna, but I went with Dreams PV.
                We picked Dreams PV mainly because of the private beach/ location (and surrounding area), a very responsive wedding coordinator, great food and it was a little bit more establish when it came to activities-especially for children.
                (I am not sure if it matter, but we are having around 100 people.)
                Bride & Groom plus 86 booked!!!

#8 ChicagoPT

• 307 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:53 AM

I have stayed at both resorts. My FI and I got engaged at villamagna but stayed at PV the year before. this is how I felt about each...I liked villamagna for the open beach, pools, and the rooftop sushi bar. didnt care for the distance to go into town, the food, and the setup of the bathroom(although many people love it!) I loved PV for the food, the isolated beach, the staff, the rooms, and the quick distance into town (we went multiple times that trip). Even though I loved the beach I didnt like the fact that I couldnt walk down the beach to explore. In the end we chose PV for our guests to stay (we are getting married at las caletas) because of the multiple room options and the food. Check out both of the forums on here. You wont go wrong with either place you choose.

#9 jdusold

• 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

Aussie- I have been in contact with Cynthia Salcedo, her email is groups@dreamsvillamagna.com. Good luck with contacting her!

#10 jdusold

• 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for your responses! Mhabas- I feel similarly about your pros and cons of each. As I only stayed at the Villamagna, I did not get to eat at Dreams PV- was the food much different? I enjoyed the restaurants at Villamagna (not so much the buffet) but was not able to compare them to PV...what did you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users