Photo

Vegetarians

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Lizzy

Lizzy
  • 501 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

Have any of you requested a special entree for guests who are vegetarian? If so, what kind of items did your venue suggest? We have a vegetable kabob on our menue but there must be some other ideas. Come on ladies, help my creative juices flow!

Lizzy
    For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:06 PM

hey Lizzy! i had 2 vegetarians at my WD so i requested 2 special meals. my wedding was a buffet with plenty of options, so i didn't have to worry that night. but for my vegetarians, they both eat fish - so that's what they were served.

my sis (the vegetarian) often eats some fancy portobello meals - often prepared the same as the meat being served, just with a mushroom!

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

I am a vegetarian. Wedding dinner vegetarian options I have enjoyed most are Eggplant (a great dish - eggplant rollatinis, they had spinach & cheese with marinara sauce, yum!), Portabello Mushrooms, & some of the pasta dishes.
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

We made sure that we would have a lot of pastas with our meal so that our vegetarian guest (yep, just the one) would have something good to eat! Most places are happy to help!

#5 gkashmira

gkashmira
          • 1,962 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

OK - about 1/3 of our guests were vegetarians. We added a pasta bar station with three types of pasta (penne, cheese tortellini & fettucine). We changed beef turnovers to spinach and mushroom empanadas.

At our welcoem dinner we had them offer grilled vegetable tacos, quesadillas, etc.
            Kashmira & Dan
            Happily married since June 16, 2007
            http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
            Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
            Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#6 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by gkashmira
              OK - about 1/3 of our guests were vegetarians. We added a pasta bar station with three types of pasta (penne, cheese tortellini & fettucine). We changed beef turnovers to spinach and mushroom empanadas.

At our welcoem dinner we had them offer grilled vegetable tacos, quesadillas, etc.
              YUMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! those lucky veggie-heads!
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:41 PM

i'm getting hungry.

#8 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

lol me too! Thank goodness it's almost lunch.

This is one of the things I need to talk to Mariana about. Aaron's mom is a vegetarian and strongly prefers not to eat anything that has touched meat, or a sauce that is aided with meat (like gravy) etc. We'll see what Mariana's solutions are. The menu has a few good options that might work.

Thanks for the reminder though, I have to add that to the list of questions for her! :)
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#9 Lizzy

Lizzy
                  • 501 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

Here is the buffet menu that we are having at Ana Y Jose Beach Club. Tell me what you veggie girls think...is there enough for your taste?
                    BTW, what is CEVICHE?

Hola Maggie, here is the quote for the buffet BBQ. It is quoted based on serving food for 1 1/2 hours (regular time for dinner

Hand made tortillas
                    Tomato salad
                    Lettuce salad
                    Cucumber salad
                    Guacamole
                    Dressings and salsas: Pico de gallo, green sauce, BBQ, vinaigrette, Xnipec (habanero sauce), jalape±os with onions on the grill.

CEVICHES:
                    Fish ceviche
                    Shrimp ceviche
                    Mixed ceviche

ON THE GRILL
                    Arrachera (flank steak)
                    Chicken and veggie shishkabobbs
                    Beef and veggie shishkabobbs
                    Vegetarian shishkabobbs with Portobello mushrooms
                    BBQ ribs
                    ¼ Chicken on the grill
                    Fried Chicken tacos
                    Fried beef tacos
                    Baked potatoes
                    Corn on the cob
                    Dressings and salsas: BBQ, vinaigrette, chipotle, blue cheese, butter with garlic

DESSERTS:
                    Chocolate cake<these will not be served, Cupcakes rule the day>
                    Home made flan

American (regular black) Coffee

$61 us per person + 10% tax and 155 service

MARGARITAS:
                    Tamarindo, strawberry, lime and mango (price not included on buffet quote)
                    Each margarita with domestic alcohol $7,50 us. Or domestic open bar for $13 us per person per hour includes all cocktails (margaritas, pi±a colada, daiquiri, rum and coke, etc all our beers, soft drinks and bottled water)
                    For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#10 NATASHA

NATASHA
                    • 646 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

We had two strict vegetarians so I had the hotel make them food (outside of our buffets). The vegetable kabobs are a good idea. Beans, though, typically have lard in them so you really need to watch things like that.

I would ask the vegetarians to make a list of two or three easy things that they like rather than try to guess.

Also, don't count on them eating a salad (lettuce) as lettuce is typically something you want to avoid in Mexico. Vegetables should be cooked.
                      Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users