Wedding Day Schedule

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 riokayak

• 175 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

What will/did your wedding day schedule look like? We're planning on having the ceremony at 2:00, but don't want people standing around bored between the ceremony and dinner. We're doing a cocktail hour, I guess I'm looking for some ideas of what to do in between.

#2 cabobride11

• 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

Our ceremony is at 2 as well and our supper isn't until 6:30 but I don't think anyone is worried about what to do in between. We are at the RIU so everyone can go have a few drinks in between. I wouldn't worry about it.

#3 riokayak

• 175 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

We're having our's at a private beach house. I think between pictures, cocktails and socializing, people should have plenty to do, but I thought it might be nice to have something else going on.

#4 bnbrmy

• 218 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:33 AM

I think that once you get everyone together, and they get to talking and having some drinks I'm sure the time will fly by. I've seen on some other posts on this forum people have done games and things. I'm sure that everything will be fine.

#5 kerrij

• 300 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:31 PM

At my brothers wedding we changed back into our bathing suits and hung out at the pool till dinner! it was awesome! loved that we didn't have to do anything.

#6 AnnaBanana

• 376 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:26 AM

Yeah, the best thing about DWs is that regular rules just don't apply! I'm sure there will be plenty of ways for guests to keep busy between things.
              Will there be music and drinks the whole time? That usually keeps the mind off of passing time.

#7 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:16 AM

I think that not having set activities would be good also. Good luck with your decision
                Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#8 teshy1

• 162 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:42 AM

I agree with all the other posts. If you're at an AI, there's plenty to do, and I think people will naturally pass the time visiting and relaxing. Our ceremony is at 11 a.m. and dinner isn't until 6:30, but I'm sure we'll be looking forward to the down time. I will probably get no sleep the night before and have to be up early to get my hair and makeup done, so I might wind up snoozing by the pool or on the beach until I have to get back into my dress for the reception!

#9 julie22

• 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:48 AM

These things are good to hear. Our ceremony time is 11am at RIU also and we haven't started planning what to do inbewteen then and the evening festivities. I like how laid back destinations wedding can be and how, like someone said above - the rules don't apply! :-)

#10 KPEG

• 267 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

Our ceremony is at 330pm and we are also having a cocktail/hor d'oeurves hour. So if the ceremony is only 20 mins, we'll have bubbly and snacks then mingle and take pictures for the hour or so and then dinner will be around 6/630? I think that should work...I hope! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users