Photo

Your top tips for Boudoir photoshoot

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#221 hat0112

hat0112
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

Hmmm... I guess I will have to do the hair and makeup thing, but use a different salon that I usually go to. The salon I use is down the street from our house and it's closed on Sundays and he knows it.

How long does a BD session take? 2 to 3 hrs?
    Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#222 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
    • 293 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

Hi ladies! Ive been looking at all your pictures in awe! they are so sexy and beautiful! I have an appointment with Jen from Jenerations in August and I am so excited :) i will definitley read through this whole thread again right before I go for some good advice/suggestions...my fiance is going to go into shock when he sees the pics :)

#223 hermosahoops

hermosahoops
      • 199 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

Hi! I'm new to this thread. All the tips have been great but I can't seem to figure out how long I should schedule a shoot for. I've had photographers quote me anything from an hour to 5 hours...

Do you think 1-2 hours is long enough to relax, change outfits, take lovely pictures, etc.?

#224 hat0112

hat0112
        • 1,219 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:45 AM

I just had my BD shoot last Sunday. I got there at 10am, they did my hair and makeup, and from 11am to 12:45pm we did the pictures and I changed 4 times. I think you should schedule 2 hours (definitely not an hour), but I think it depends on how many outfits you will have. We took a ton of pictures in the 2 hours and she even stopped to show me them as we were going along. I think no matter what you will be nervous in the beginning, but after about 30 minutes I really started to relax and have fun.

Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#225 hermosahoops

hermosahoops
          • 199 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:50 AM

Ok, I think I can get my number 1 pick up to two hours. She quoted me 1 - 1.5 so I don't think 2 would be too much of a stretch. It is good to know though, that you were able to change 4 times and still take a bunch during that time.

#226 want2gosouth

want2gosouth
            • 155 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

For me I kept it simple...I wanted to look natural and not too accesorized...bring an array of different things and maybe your photographer might give some helpful suggestions on putting things together?? One shoot we did was just me under a white down comforter...no accessories nothing ;)

#227 adcarter41

adcarter41
              • 188 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

Hey, I'm doing my BD shoot in about a month and my photographer just e-mailed me some tips I thought I would share:

1. Dark colors look best

2. High cut panties are most flattering- boy shorts give the illusion of wider hips and shorter legs so best to avoid them unless you are tall and thin

3. Large rings and bracelets can be pretty

4. High heels are a must- the higher the better

5. Bring make-up for touch up (lipstick, powder, etc.)

6. If you have a body feature you want to accent, wear lingerie that allows that to be the focus (like panties with thigh highs and heels if you have great legs)

#228 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

I have my BD shoot scheduled for a couple weeks from now. I talked to photographer yesterday and he suggested light make-up. I was going to get my makeup done, but now I can just do my own. I guess that way it will be more natural? I'm still going to have my trial lashes done though. He also said I should bring a white shirt that belongs to FI, but FI rarely wears that type of shirt. I think I will bring a jersey from his fave team since I bought matching garters for the wedding. I tried to come up with a few ideas last night, but don't really have sexy lingerie?!? Any ideas on where to shop in Canada?

#229 britb618

britb618
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 111 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

wow this post is amazing! thank you for all of this info! 

#230 daizyduke

daizyduke
                    • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

what a great thread...I will have to keep all this in mind when I go for mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users