Photo

Did anyone bring your own minister from home?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:52 AM

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone ever brought your own minister/priest from home or if everyone just used the justice of the peace that the resorts provide?

#2 daniepps

daniepps
    • 304 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

I'm planning to bring my own minister. She happens to be one of my friends who was coming to the wedding anyway so I told her that if she comes and does the wedding I'll pay for her airfare as a token of appreciation even though it's only going to be a symbolic ceremony.

#3 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
      • 224 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

I am having my brother preform our ceremony. I feel it will be much more meaningful that some person I do not know. (he is not a minister- but will get ordained)

#4 trishab83

trishab83
        • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

I do know a couple that paid the way for their priest from home to perform their Mexican wedding ceremony. It helps that he's a fan of warm weather and a friend of the family so he was happy for the break from Wisconsin winter with good friends!
          Trisha

#5 nicitica

nicitica
          • 186 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:50 PM

Our friend Chris will be doing our ceremony. There is no need for him to be ordained or anything since it's not legal in Mexico. But it will be very meaningful and I know he'll take the job seriously. He was planning on going to the wedding anyway, so we don't need to pay his way. It's perfect! Better than a complete stranger who got a certificate off the internet which anyone can do.
            Akumal, Mexico 05.29.10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users