Photo

Our Top Five in Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 Christy

Christy
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

THe Paradisus and Iberostar and Excellence are on my list too.
    Im having a call with the wedding coordinator on monday at the paradisus to do some more digging before I finalize. I have heard this resort shows really nice.
    Im loving the ppr but not sure my guests can afford it.
    Going to do some more digging into the PPC as well.
    Any feedback from brdies on PPC?
    Thanks

#12 tracy0716

tracy0716
    • 431 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christy
      THe Paradisus and Iberostar and Excellence are on my list too.
      Im having a call with the wedding coordinator on monday at the paradisus to do some more digging before I finalize. I have heard this resort shows really nice.
      Im loving the ppr but not sure my guests can afford it.
      Going to do some more digging into the PPC as well.
      Any feedback from brdies on PPC?
      Thanks
      Just be aware that the phone bill could be very expensive if you don't have an international calling plan. I found this out the hard way! Check out the PPC/PPR thread if you want more info and feedback, there's lots of info there!

#13 natalie1987

natalie1987
      • 201 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

You can buy international phone calls at walmart too.

#14 cheshire_moon

cheshire_moon
        • 47 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by natalie1987
          You can buy international phone calls at walmart too.
          Just a word of caution, I had a lot of problems using the AT&T Worldwide calling card that I purchased at Wal-Mart. However, I was calling from the DR to the USA, so calls from here to the DR might work out better. We finally got it figured out when a nice staff person in guest services gave us the correct number to call (which was not the number provided by AT&T on the card or from their website).

#15 jackyjoneston

jackyjoneston
          • 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

I am getting married at Gran Bahia in April 2011, is not in your list. I saw Majestic and Dreams, but we decided for Bahia because the private dinner is cheaper that the others.

#16 Mom2Bride

Mom2Bride
            • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cheshire_moon
              Good luck in choosing! For me, the most agonizing experience in all of the planning so far has been choosing the resort. However, once that was done, everything got more exciting and fun! We decided to go with Iberostar Bavaro.
              @Cheshire_Moon, how was your experience at Iberostar Bavarao? Did you post a review?

Thank you,
              Mom2Bride

#17 cheshire_moon

cheshire_moon
              • 47 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

Mom2Bride, I had a wonderful experience at the Iberostar Bavaro. I will be posting a review this weekend!

#18 FutureMrsBeatty

FutureMrsBeatty
                • 87 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:06 AM

Wow - I forgot about this post. Obviously my first in my wedding planning :) We chose Excellence and we are set to be married on Aug. 6, 2010. I am very pleased so far and I will continue to keep you all in the loop on how it goes!! PS - for us price (both wedding and resort) played a huge role in our decision, as well as activities and restaurants...Lisa

#19 jenleah

jenleah
                  • 77 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

I hear ya, Destination Diva. I am having the same problem. My wedding is planned for December 2011. I love the Dominican Republic, but there are so many choices! I thought I wanted the wedding at Paradisus Palma Real, but now I'm rethinking it because of some of the reviews I have read.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, Dominican Republic - December 2, 2011
                    32 friends and family + bride and groom + Dreams Palm Beach = one amazing week and spectacular wedding!!

#20 MBBride

MBBride
                    • 70 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

I hope everything goes smoothly for you today Lisa....congrats on your big day! Looking forward to your review/pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users