Question re tipping for prior brides

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mardigras

Mardigras
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

Hi ladies!

I would love to hear from some of you who have already had their DW. For your wedding and reception, how much did you tip your WC, DJ, Bartender, waiter(s), etc? Your input would be very much appreciated!!

#2 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
    • 888 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

There are some varying opinions, but if you do a search for tipping you can see some of the previous discussions (like the one below).

http://bestdestinati....dinator-52354/

#3 mmshaughness

mmshaughness
      • 155 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

Thanks for the link - I was wondering about this too :)

#4 Mardigras

Mardigras
        • 53 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

Leanne. Thank you so much for the link! Very helpful :-)

#5 daniepps

daniepps
          • 304 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

I hadn't even thought about tipping. Thanks for this thread and the link.

#6 Mardigras

Mardigras
            • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:16 AM

So I have asked tons of questions of prior DW brides, read the articles and came up with an average. Tipping is obviously based upon the level of service provided. I think I am going to fill out some basic thank you cards and put cash in the cards. I will defer to my future MIL to pass them out (since she will be one of the few sober people by the end of the evening, haha!!)

From what I have heard and read, $50 - 100 for the WC (some tip half at the initial meeting and the remainder at the end of the receiption). $25.00+ for each waiter and the bartender. $50.00+ for the DJ (if you have one). Most aren't tipping the officiant if he or she is set up by the resort and it is a simple ceremony. I believe in tipping well, but am having a hard time tipping someone who is giving 20 minutes of their time.

I am thinking of tipping the photographer in 2 installments, half after the wedding, the other half when the pics are delivered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users