Photo

TA on this site

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 katrina305

katrina305
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:36 PM

Is there a list of TA's on this site? I am not confident that destinationweddings.com will get my group the best deals.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

There is a BDW FAQ that was just written in the travel forum or you can submit an inquiry using the banner ad above or go to the wright travel thread to find more info. I can't link with my blackberry or I would.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 AmyBoerema

AmyBoerema
    • 75 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hi Katrina: I am having the same issue. Thanks for your post, I am looking into other options too. Too bad they made me pay the $50 already.

#4 katrina305

katrina305
      • 91 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:49 AM

Did they offer you a group rate? The "group rate" I was offered was about 10 less than what is on expedia. That's not a group rate to me, and I will prob be having about 60 guests. Please keep me posted if you find a better option and I will do the same!

#5 alisonu22

alisonu22
        • 40 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:40 AM

Thank you for that post Maureen, I was under the impression that the group rate was the whole deal. Destinationweddings.com has given me the impression that only hotels that are in their circle of love program offer those perks like free night stays and upgrades. If I don't use one of their circle of love hotels than why am I going to book with them? I'm starting to think I need to find another travel agent who may be able to get us more for our money. Thanks again.

#6 allyson779

allyson779
          • 238 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:55 AM

Finding a TA is really hard and time consuming, but in the end I think its worth it. I ended up going through apple vacations. Towards the bottom of their website there is a tab for "group travel" and you can find a local TA which is affiliated with apple & specializes in this type of travel. Its nice to meet with them in person and they can show you all the various options/discounts available and together you can decide what package/deal works best for your group
            Bride & Groom plus 86 booked!!!

#7 alisonu22

alisonu22
            • 40 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:45 PM

Thanks allyson779, I actually contacted a TA that works through apple vacations too and I'm gonna speak to her on monday. What kind of group travel deals did you receive through Apple?

#8 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

I don't know if their policy has changed or not, but I also hired them initially and found their services so lacking that I went elsewhere and got my $50 deposit back. I would def look into that if I were you.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by AmyBoerema
                Hi Katrina: I am having the same issue. Thanks for your post, I am looking into other options too. Too bad they made me pay the $50 already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users