Cheap and durable beach bags for welcome bags?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 jt20

• 71 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

Anyone know a link to cheap DURABLE beach bags? I"m not sure whether I should use a mesh bag or a tote bag to give out to the guests AND whether I should use the bag as the actual welcome bag, or buy a separate paper shopping bag and put the goodies and beach bag in there? Any suggestions?

#2 karenk77

• 369 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

OMG i got the cutest ones from vista print..and u can insert any type of pic you want
      quality was great and they were cheap!

#3 ashm373

• 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:47 AM

I was researching this too and came up with a site called namifiers. Do a search for beach totes, once it pops up on the left hand column click on the budget tote it is only 1.98 and you can also customize it for a bit more. They also have one for 11.98.

#4 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

i was thinking about doing bags the guests can use again as the welcome bags (to put everything in) but we have to do 35 and it was gonna be too expensive; so we are putting everything in colorful paper gift bags. I think if you do beach bags it'll be nice to just put all the goodies inside instead of putting everything in a seperate bag.

#5 brookedanielle

• 59 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:32 PM

It depends on how much you want to spend on your bags. I found some great decent sized bags. I haven't put them to the test at the beach yet, but they are thick cotton canvas... $4 per bag. here's the link:
            100% Cotton Canvas Shoulder Tote w/ Multiple Pockets | CYMA Bags

The only downside, they only come in yellow. I didn't mind too much, not my wedding color, but I decided that not everything had to match. They're really nice bags.

Good luck!

#6 jt20

• 71 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

Perfect! Thanks for the link!

#7 tbrwn250

• 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

Check out Papermart.com, they have reusable totes under $1 each with a 25 min quanity. The quality is great from qhat I hear. Good luck!

#8 ebernard4985

• 252 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

I bought some great beach bags from WalMart on clearance. The bags were only $3 each and they came in various colors with hawaiian flowers on them and stripes. They are awesome for the OOT bags and I could not be happier with them. I will most likely have extras that I will be selling soon. You can check walmart to see what they have on clearance, they always have some really cheap bags.

#9 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

I used Vistaprint and just got an email that they shipped so I'll post them as soon as they arrive!
                    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#10 damaris

• 462 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:12 PM

I got mine on Ebay from Kirmansurplus. They cost me $1 and are the quality of the bags you get from Victoria secret. Also very roomyWHOLESALE LOT OF 25 EXPANDABLE JELLY TOTE BAGS - eBay (item 350306792550 end time Jan-23-10 11:57:57 PST)
                      65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users