Seating arrangement etiquette?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrs.D

FutureMrs.D
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:57 AM

Hi ladies,

I was wondering what the etiquette is for seating arrangements at the reception... I will be having one long rectangular table so that everyone is seated together.. FI and I will be seated together at the end of the table, but I'm not sure who should be seated where... should it be the wedding party first on either side, then family? or parents first, then wedding party? Help!!

#2 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
    • 286 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:33 PM

What if instead of sitting at the end of the table, you and groomie sit side by side in the middle. Your wedding party could sit beside you and your parents could sit across or vice versa.

#3 loua4

loua4
      • 397 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

juliepfeif has a really good idea, and then depending on when your wedding is that week, why dont you just let your guests sit whereever they want. We are getting married on the last full day of our trip so that is what i think I am going to let my guests do, and it is one less stress and thing you have to worry about.
        good luck!

#4 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
        • 417 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

We are also planning on sitting in the middle of the table with everyone around us from there....hopefully that allows us to have conversation with as many people as possible.

#5 FutureMrs.D

FutureMrs.D
          • 191 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for all the great advice ladies!

#6 mmshaughness

mmshaughness
            • 155 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

I like the idea of the bride and groom being in the middle with bridal party seated next to them and family across the table. I'm definitely going to assign seating to avoid any conflict and I like this idea!

#7 BeachBride10

BeachBride10
              • 169 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:01 AM

One other idea I like is to have a couple tables put together to make one giant table so that everyone can talk/see each other. This will only work if there are 22 or less people though. Click the image to open in full size.
                http://global.thekno...rs/tt1cd71.aspx

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#8 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
                • 248 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:20 AM

You could ask if at the end of the long table you can add another small table but turn it the other way and you and him can sit at the end. That is whay I plan to do

#9 daniepps

daniepps
                  • 304 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

I like the idea of sitting in the middle with the wedding party on either side of you and your parents across from you. Other than that I'd let everyone else sit wherever they want to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users