Photo

Help!! Riviera Maya Wedding Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 meenaya

meenaya
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Hi everyone!

I just got engaged and am researching a last-minute wedding in the Riviera Maya/Cancun area in April/May 2010! We are looking for a kid-friendly AI resort with good food for about 50 guests, with a nice aqua beach and less than 1 hour from the airport. We are trying to avoid wedding factories and would like a relatively secluded beach wedding location with a good wedding coordinator.

We have visited Paradisus Riviera and Moon Palace, both which have seaweed and dark beaches. Has anyone had or seen weddings that you would recommend? Thank you in advance!!

#2 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
    • 600 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:05 AM

I really like Le Reve, just north of Playa del Carmen. IMO they have one of the most secluded beaches that close to the airport. They only have 25 rooms, so you would have the hotel all to yourself. They are not typically AI, but you can probably work include a meal plan in your wedding contract.
      I visited them on my last site visit to the area. Here is the trip review from that trip (including pictures).
      http://bestdestinati....11-15-a-48981/

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

#3 wedding decor

wedding decor
      • Banned
      • 109 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:52 PM

I agree Hotel le Reve is a great option - you can take over the hotel (with 25 rooms it would work!)and they will do a flexible AI, this way you can still go to PLaya for some dinners since it is really close.

#4 lisanicole

lisanicole
        • 67 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:18 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by meenaya
          Hi everyone!

I just got engaged and am researching a last-minute wedding in the Riviera Maya/Cancun area in April/May 2010! We are looking for a kid-friendly AI resort with good food for about 50 guests, with a nice aqua beach and less than 1 hour from the airport. We are trying to avoid wedding factories and would like a relatively secluded beach wedding location with a good wedding coordinator.

We have visited Paradisus Riviera and Moon Palace, both which have seaweed and dark beaches. Has anyone had or seen weddings that you would recommend? Thank you in advance!!
          The Paradisus did have a dark beach? I was scared of that. I have been decided between Paradisus and Iberostar but my decision may have just been made! A nice blue clear beach is very important to me!

#5 poohshek

poohshek
          • 1,456 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:13 AM

You can also check out Shangri-La Caribe/Mahekal Beach Resort in Playa del Carmen. Rates include breakfast, lunch OR dinner. Great location close to nearby restaurants/shops/bars along Fifth Avenue in downtown Playa.

For more information, please see this thread. Good luck!

http://bestdestinati....ve-info-54007/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users