Photo

starting the name change process...........

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 NHPT

NHPT
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:07 PM

OK so i went to the social security office yesterday (and was there 2 hrs!) and got the paper stating that my name is changed but it will take 2 weeks to get the new card. can i use that paper to go ahead and get a new license or do i have to wait until i get the new card? and do i have to have the new license before i can change my name on our bank account or can i do that now?
    Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:09 PM

I was able to get my new license with the marriage license and paper from the Soc Security office. My bank wanted my new DL and marriage license...

#3 NHPT

NHPT
      • 3,848 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:10 PM

thanks!!!!!!!!

hijack- how are you sarah? back to life? has your brother left yet? how is married life treating ya?
        Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

for the most part you can do everything seperately. there MIGHT be some things that require a picture ID w/the new name, in that case you'd need to wait for your DL or passport to come back w/the new name. but i can't imagine that will happen. evreything is seperate!

almost everywhere will likely ask for a certified copy of your marriage license - that's all

#5 JENESIS

JENESIS
          • 394 posts

Now are all using the Mexican marriage license? It's making me very nervous for some reason.

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:11 PM

i won't be - i wasn't legally married in mexico! :)

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

Ok girls, stop being so dang efficient please. I've been married for almost 4 months & I haven't done anything about this yet! Well, I've downloaded the Social Security form & looked at it, but that's about it.

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

eh - it took me about 4 years to go back to my maiden name after i was divorced! lol

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:34 PM

ha ha.. well Nicole I had the WORST experience in the world about changing my name over. I had NO problem at the Social security office but when I went to DMV that was another story. They ended up making me go to a translation company and have the legal paperwork translated.. They "claim" it was MI law, but Sarah had no problems when she did hers..

#10 NHPT

NHPT
                    • 3,848 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

i didnt get legally married in cabo so hopefully it wont be a big deal.........i just made an appt (in florida you make appt at the DMV.....) for monday- so i will let yall know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users