Considering St. Thomas

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 katrinkit35

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:24 PM

We were thinking of a VI but decided not to because our date was more important than place. I'm a teacher, so we want to get married right during Hurricane Season!

Good luck in your planning!

#12 Angel-in-Law

• 250 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

For those considering the US Virgin Islands, the US Virgin Island Department of Tourism has a current promotion of $1000 in certificates to be used toward wedding costs: BridalFinalMar10

I've booked the Bahamas, but perhaps someone here can use.

#13 Jackibeachbride

• 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hi Beth,

I am looking to have a wedding in April 2011. My FH is pushing for St.Thomas he loves it there. I looked into the Marriott but I think it is a little to expensive for some of our guests. I would love to hear about your experience with the Wyndham. I have yet to hear back from them on my request. Yeah Spring 2011 wedding.. :)

#14 Jackibeachbride

• 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

Thanks for the beach insite. I definately want a beach ceremony and have heard that about St. Thomas. How easy is it to get to St. John from St. Thomas and how expensive? Also do you find that St. John is more expensive? Thanks for the input!!!

#15 StThomas2011

• 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

My WC recommended Villa Botanica for the ceremony/reception. It's not a beach wedding, but the prices seem pretty low compared to a resort. My fiance and I will take pictures on the beach before we head up there, so we can have some beach pics, and then the next day we'll do TTD on the beach.

#16 twinklelittlestar

• 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

My sister is having her wedding at Villa Botanica. I went down with her to check it out and its lovely. Very lush, just perfect landscaping. On a separate trip, I have been to Caneel Bay which is awesome and right on the beach. It is very very very spread out though so you have your wedding at a section but guests my be staying elsewhere. Its a lovely walk but there are shuttles too. They have a lot of friendly cute donkeys all over the resort and the water sports are free.

#17 Beth0413

• 38 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

Jacki - I just private msg'd you :)
                Can't wait to marry my best friend!

#18 tlogan00

• 224 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

Please post pictures of your wedding.

Originally Posted by Tonir

I'm doing villas, so I cannot recommend resorts. I think it's an individual choice about how you envision the week and your wedding. I want to spend time with everyone (but not be right next door or in constant access of my future in-laws). Just something to think about!

There are several websites that specialize in renting villas in St. Thomas. One is vrbo.com and mclaughlin anderson (I think) is the name of a management company/website that my parents booked their villa through. I'm staying in Sea Star which is 5 bed/5 bath on the beach with a pool. Here is a link Sea Star - Caribbean Vacation Packages including caribbean vacation rentals, parties and more.

The villa owners for Sea Star have been amazing to work with and I highly recommend them. I'm also having my reception there. The owners hosted their daughter's wedding/reception there for 200 people! Mine is only 35 :) There's also a villa RIGHT next door if you want more guests to stay closer. It's called Casa B for short.

PM me if you have any questions!

Happy planning!

#19 Tonir

• 283 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

Getting to St. John from St. Thomas is REALLY easy. The ferrys go all the time. I think about every 1/2 hour and it is a really short ride (like 15 minutes). While St. Thomas was nice and had a lot of things for our guests to do, I would stay and get married on St. John if I got to do it all over again. We went over there a few days and just when I thought the view and beaches couldn't get any better they can.

tlogan - I don't have the professional pictures back yet but when I get them I will post them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users