Sign in to follow this  
meenaya

Help!! Riviera Maya Wedding Suggestions?

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! I was reading your questions and I see a lot of good answers here. I would just like to add... the sea weed comes and goes all along the coast. You can not really plan for it or where it will be.... only mother nature knows!

Also, Beach restoration is underway in parts of the Mayan Riviera, Playa del Carmen and Cancun... so you may want to take that into consideration for your day.

Best of luck finding a resort for your big day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meenaya View Post
Hello, I'm a newbie and am researching a last-minute wedding in the Riviera Maya/Cancun area in April/May 2010! We are looking for a kid-friendly AI resort with good food for about 50 guests, with a nice aqua beach and less than 1 hour from the airport. We are trying to avoid wedding factories and would like a relatively secluded beach wedding location with a good wedding coordinator. We have visited Paradisus Riviera and Moon Palace, both which have seaweed and dark beaches. Has anyone had or seen weddings that you would recommend? Thank you in advance!!
We chose Dreams Riviera Cancun- it opened in October 2009. I would check out their facebook page, there are tons of comments from previous guests- some even post their pictures. Happy Planning!

I'm getting married at Azul Beach in April and we chose it specifically b/c it doesn't pump out wedding after wedding in one day. They do no more than one wedding a day. As has already been said, it's a very small AI resort, only 98 rooms. We wanted a resort where we'd actually be able to spend time with out guests and see them while we're there; we didn't want them a golf cart-ride away! However, it is quite pricey. All Karisma resorts are a bit expensive. If you want to talk more about it just PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask9999 View Post
I would suggest looking into Ceiba del Mar. It seems to fit your description. I am getting married there shortly and am happy to talk to you about it if you like.

Have a great time! Please let us know how it goes! Ceiba Del Mar is my top choice and would love your feedback!