thanks for booking cards, ect...??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cogswellgray

cogswellgray
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:36 PM

Hi Ladies!
    I am just starting to make my own invitations which I'll hopefully send out next month. I am just wondering if you ladies will be sending out anything after the invitation before the wedding for your RSVP'd guests. Like some sort of follow up card? Since I'll be sending my invites about 8-7 months before the wedding I feel like I would like some more contact with them as the wedding nears. I've heard of "thanks for booking" cards....just seaching for some ideas and inspiration if you ladies can share!

Have a great day!

#2 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

One option is some sort of newsletter or pre-travel brochure. I've also designed luggage tags that clients send to their guests after they have booked to keep up enthusiasm and so on.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 carolina24

carolina24
    • 1,573 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

i think it really depends on how far in advance they have to RSVP. if you're sending invites and requesting RSVPs that far in advance maybe you should send something out closer to the wedding so that they can get excited as it gets closer. some brides on here send out pre-travel letter with thank yous, info about the location and resort, calender of events, etc.

#4 debbmach

debbmach
      • 1,457 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

I like the idea of the newsletter, then it reminds your guests and gets them excited for the wedding!
        http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#5 islandbride317

islandbride317
        • 1,866 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

I'm with Becks.....a pre-travel brochure with a suggested packing list and some adorable-yet-super-useful luggage tags are a fantastic way to give your guests a preview of all the fun that lies ahead, and show them that you are a bride-to-be that's got it together!

Also, it's a great way to make yourself available if anyone has any minor last minute questions or concerns, so be sure to include the best way (cell number, email address, etc.) for everyone to reach you!

And, for your conveniece, here is the link to an AWESOME Packing List compiled BDW member, Amarillis -- this is the one I am planning on sending, with a few minor changes:

http://bestdestinati....ng-list-34607/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users