Sign in to follow this  
jesique

Notary Issues

Did anyone have trouble with their notarized paperwork that they had to send to the resort?

I gathered all the paperwork needed and my FI went and got it notarized. The notary used a stamp and not an embosser...which my FI assured me was normal..."no one uses the embosser anymore."

I fedex'd everything to Jamaica and got an email saying that they received it but that they couldn't process any of our paperwork because it had to be an official notary and not a copy. I sent back an email saying...It's NOT a copy!!!

If I have to re-fedex that paperwork again I am going to be so upset. It wasn't cheap!!!

Anyone else have this problem? What did you do?

Thanks!!!

Nadine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hln321 View Post
ooh, I don't know - but keep me updated since I'll need to do that too!!!
Definietly will. Hopefully they will just accept it as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
i agree that i usually see a stamp - but not sure what to tell teh Jamaican folks!
Thanks...I'm glad to know that at least someone else has seen the stamp! I don't have a ton of experience with notaries...so I was a little curious about that.

Hopefully they'll email me back and we can figure this out without me having to re-notarize/re-send everything!!!

Nadine.

Yeah...I just did some research and found out that the stamp is perfectly acceptable and normal to use nowadays.

Now I just hope they will accept it in Jamaica!!!

Thanks yall!

Nadine.

I am a notary and the stamp is definitely normal. But, I do have a thought... if they come back demanding the seal, the notary you used should be able to get what we (in my line of business - real estate) refer to as a "generalized" seal which is just basically a state seal for whichever state you are in. That generalized seal is an actual embossed seal on the document, but it is not specific to any certain notary and doesn't show that notary's name or expiration date as a stamp does, it is just specific to the state. So, if it comes down to it, they could return the originals to you (or you could do new originals) and that notary could use that generalized seal along with their name specific stamp. Hope that helps:) I know how stressfull all of these little details are!