• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bholthof

bholthof
  • Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:13 AM

Hi ladies,

I am trying to find a white cotton or linen suit for my nephew to wear as the ring bearer, and I am having NO LUCK! I don't want to spend an absolute fortune, as he will only be one at the time and probably won't wear the suit very often outside the wedding.

However, all I can find here are polyester blends or black or tan suits! I know white isn't exactly a good colour choice for a child, but what else can I do?

My FI is wearing a white suit (Linen, from StudioSuits) - I thought it would be adorable if they matched. The groomsmen are probably going to be wearing tan pants and solid dress shirts & ties (Or possibly white dress shirts and ties). I could maybe go that route for the ringbearer - but I'm also having trouble finding childrens ties.

Any help finding a linen or cotten white suit for a 1 year old child would be GREAT. Or any suggestions for alternative clothings.

Maybe you can post your ring bearer outfits here, if you have one?

Thanks ladies!
    21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#2 Mrsm2b

Mrsm2b
    • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

Did you check dapperlads.com? They have really cute stuff, and very affordable. I'm not sure if Tommy Bahama does kids, but they have super nice linen clothes. Good Luck!

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hi Beth,

Your other thread was removed as we do not allow posting of the same thread in multiple forums. If you have any questions, please re-review the FAQ's (red link below).

Thanks!
        Alyssa

#4 bholthof

bholthof
        • Banned
        • 323 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alyssa
          Hi Beth,

Your other thread was removed as we do not allow posting of the same thread in multiple forums. If you have any questions, please re-review the FAQ's (red link below).

Thanks!
          Alyssa
          Whoops. My bad.

In that case - I'm also willing to PURCHASE a white cotton or linen suit for a child if anyone has one for sale.

#5 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:34 AM

I had read somewhere that studio suits would do children suits as well. Id check with them to see. I had a very hard time trying to find linen suits for the boys every once in a while a seller on ebay posts them but she never has enough supply. Also check in etsy.com you can try the alchemy section and place the budget you are willing to spend and see if you get any bidders. Best of luck

#6 mich999

mich999
            • 386 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

Our ringbearer was 4 and we got his tan linen suit at the Children's Place. Unfortunately, I think it's a seasonal outfit, so you may have to wait to see more options in stores, but it wasn't more than $50 for jacket and pants. jcrew has a fair amount of kids' ties too. Good luck!

#7 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
              • 512 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

Well, I found this website and the suit for the 12m is available in white ... it's super cute and you can just lose the bow-tie if you want ...
                Classic Eton Suit (Tan or White) - Dressy Clothes and Formal Wear
                And it's not that expensive at all! $40 USD is pretty good I think ...

#8 bholthof

bholthof
                • Banned
                • 323 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

Thanks ladies! All your help is greatly appreciated! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users