Photo

Barcelo Los Cabos

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Knbell22

Knbell22
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:25 AM

Has anyone gotten married at Barcelo or know of anyone who has? I believe it is pretty new...I have only found limited info. If anyone has any info on this resort or a name of someone to contact please let me know!

Thanks!

-Kristen

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:02 AM

Hi Kristen, welcome to the forum. You might want to contact Tammy host on this forum, she is not only the creator of this awesome planning site but specializes in travel to the Cabo area.

Happy planning and again, welcome.

#3 BrieP

BrieP
      • 27 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

Hello!!

I would also love some information on Barcelo weddings since it is pretty new

Thanks
        BRIE

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:34 PM

well the resort has only been open about a month and is not even finished yet so i am sure your not going to get many reviews on their weddings yet...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 ms.yuri@gmail.com

ms.yuri@gmail.com
        • 24 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

Hi there Kristen and BrieP!

I came across isho9's wedding pics from Barcelo, not sure if it's the same place but if it is, her pictures are posted on this website,

Nghia Tran Photography Blog Winnipeg Wedding Photographer

Hope that helps, maybe you can private message (pm) her if it's the same place.

:) Yuri

#6 Knbell22

Knbell22
          • 129 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

Thanks everyone! I have decided on Dreams but was just a little curious about Barcelo after I saw some pics of the resort. It looks pretty nice.

#7 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
            • 5,705 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

Hola Ladies,

Today I had a meeting with Violeta Carrillo, who is the person in charge of the weddings department at the new BarcelĀ³ Los Cabos.

I must say that I was very impressed, she's very friendly, knowledgeable of the wedding business, open minded, she's a proactive and can-do type of person and I'm sure you all will be very happy working with her.

The hotel itself is fantastic to say the least, we walked around the property, walked the different venues available, saw the 800 pax-capacity convention centre, the gazebo, the huge pool area, the restaurants... The hotel is very spacious, has some very nice "private" spots for receptions and in terms of architecture it's really beautiful, the beach is wide and very nice; from a photographers point of view the hotel is very photogenic!

Like other places they have their own in-house providers, but I was told that they are open to external providers as long as a day-pass is paid to grant access to them, so you will be able to bring in your favourite photographer and not have to settle with the in-house photographer.

Here's The contact information in case you're wondering:

Violeta Carrillo
              Wedding Planner
              BarcelĀ³ Los Cabos
              Tel: +52 624 163 7730 Ext 4112
              Mail: loscabos.weddings@barcelo.com
              www.barcelo.com

I hope this helps.

d!no

#8 vdaybride

vdaybride
              • 1,412 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:10 AM

Good luck with gathering the information that you need.
                Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#9 Sylvie143

Sylvie143
                • 181 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:57 AM

LOVE the looks of this hotel, I just inquired about a wedding there, My fiance and I had our hearts set on Dreams because of their experience but this hotel is beautiful. I just emailed their wedding department and will post any additional info I get.

Happy planning!!

#10 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,047 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

I just did a bit of my own research on this hotel and it seems lovely!!! I'm thinking M and I might have to take a trip there maybe in 2011, once they've worked out all their kinks and everything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users