Feedback on Average Cost of Wedding in Punta Cana

Does the 900 include taxes? Our trip is 995 +taxes for 7 days! So if that price that you quoted does not include taxes I do not think that is a good deal, and as a guest I would rather go to a place with comparable prices for the whole week.

There are lots of people getting married at the Grand Palladium - they have 4 sections so depending on your guests budgets, they can pick the one that suits them best financially. It is also nice because it's big and their wedding packages are great!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlsdc View Post
Hi Ladies:

Thanks for all of your feedback, I really appreciate it. Perhaps I'm unrealistic about what weddings should cost but I have been to DR enough to know that with an exchange rate in the hight 30's to our every dollar, paying a hundred something per person is ridiculous, and something I can do in the U.S. I eliminated Dreams b/c of all the additional little costs and taxes that add up. I really want a private reception, so it will cost more. I'm sorry if I sound whiney ladies, I don't mean to, just really want to find a place. I am leaning towards Moon Palace b/c of their prices, I'm just worried that it might be too expensive for guests. Do you think that $900 something dollars is too much to ask guests to pay for airfare and hotel for 4-5 days?
I think its a pretty good deal, because for a flight alone is on avg. 630 w/ tax and the cheapest we have seen it for a year was 575 with tax. That is flying from Houston to DR. There are no non-stop flights either. Being on this forum for awhile I think the Canadian bride gets a lot better deal on the flights they get. Our room per person for Thursday thru Monday at about 500 per person. So with air they are looking at about 1100 per person. I am staying at Palma Real in Punta Cana.

I agree I am overwhelmed with all the choices of resorts and who includes what and who charges extra for what. What really overwhelmed me what the price I was quoted, we are coming from canada, and I can only go at Christmas (I'm a teacher) and we were quoted $3000 for a week. I just about fell off my chair. I can't ask a guest to pay that.

I keep praying it will go down when prices come out in April. So $900 doesn't sound that bad to me.

I really fell in love with the melia caribe, they seemed to be able to keep it simple and yet pretty. I read a lot of reviews from other BD brides, to help me narrow my choices.

good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by surprise4us View Post
I agree I am overwhelmed with all the choices of resorts and who includes what and who charges extra for what. What really overwhelmed me what the price I was quoted, we are coming from canada, and I can only go at Christmas (I'm a teacher) and we were quoted $3000 for a week. I just about fell off my chair. I can't ask a guest to pay that.
I keep praying it will go down when prices come out in April. So $900 doesn't sound that bad to me.
I really fell in love with the melia caribe, they seemed to be able to keep it simple and yet pretty. I read a lot of reviews from other BD brides, to help me narrow my choices.
good Luck
Have you checked your personal days? I'm a teacher too and I'm allowed one week off including week-ends for my own wedding, paid. The only down side is I can't invite any of my teacher friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elifrigo View Post
I agree with NSBRIDE2010! at dreams to get the comp. package you have to stay in a honeymoon suite room (or above) for 7 nights and that's it!
At the majestic you need 15 rooms for a minimun stay of 7 days! I think it is a bit toooo muchhh to ask your guests to stay over 7 days (many of them might go just for five days or so), But it depends of your guests!

We were at a wedding at the Dreams Resort and our friends got the free wedding package by staying in the honeymoon suite room and just chose to pay extra for a private dinner. It was very nice!

We just got married at the Majestic and there were 27 of us. We did not qualify for the free wedding but it cost us $1850 US. Our $1850 included the symbolic ceremony package, a day pass for Pastor Rick York, and the reception area rental and sound system rental. They really nickel and dime you for everything...

I agree with Sungoddess that you might want to look into resorts with multiple hotels. That way your guests can choose what price range works for them. As she said, the Palladium has four hotels, Iberostar has four and RIU has 5. There is a huge range in prices and amenities. I know RIU has some restrictions on how many guests have to stay at the hotel where you have the ceremony, but I don't think the others do. It might be worth checking out.

Also, that $900 quote for Moon Palace is actually REALLY good for that hotel. Just keep in mind that the Moon Palace in Punta Cana is becoming a Hard Rock Hotel this spring. In my opinion, its going to take some of the Caribbean feel away from the resort, but maybe its not that big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNMel View Post
Have you checked your personal days? I'm a teacher too and I'm allowed one week off including week-ends for my own wedding, paid. The only down side is I can't invite any of my teacher friends.
Hi RoNMel, we actually don't get personal days in our board, it sucks I know. we are going to the olymipcs and I had to get it covered internally, they wouldn't even approve me to miss one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surprise4us View Post
Hi RoNMel, we actually don't get personal days in our board, it sucks I know. we are going to the olymipcs and I had to get it covered internally, they wouldn't even approve me to miss one day!
Ahhhh, that sucks! Things are so different from one board to another. You get no personal days, I get 6, and my FI's cousin gets 20!!! Do you have a March/spring break? It's expensive too, but a bit less than Christmas.

If you work with a travel agent, you will likely be able to negotiate better deals, and get your room for free. That helped us out. We only had 40 people in attendance ... but with 100 people, you would be wise to look at options that are not wholly private. Privatizing everything is what jacks up the costs. Good Luck!!!