I'm the new girl! Please help!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 kerrij

• 300 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Exciting! since you have lots of time, my advice is to take lots of time to find the prefect venue for you and an excellent TA. my TA has been my biggest hassle as well as booking timeline. research your heart out! congrats!

#12 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#13 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:28 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

#14 bnbrmy

• 218 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:10 AM

Hey I also got engaged on Christmas :) And we too are having a Mexican wedding in January of 2011. I know you said you wanted it near cancun, but have you concidered Cabo san Lucas, In the Baja (BCS)? We stayed at the Hilton there last year for my fiance's birthday. AMAZING!!!!! The beach was beautiful. No Seaweed at all! When we started planning the wedding we looked at each other and said "CABO!" It is a true paradise. I can't express how wonderful this place is. Look up some photos or if you would like I could send you pictures.
        I've never been to Cancun, but it is a pretty big tourist place. A lot of my friends have been and everytime I hear it is crowded. When we went to Cabo, I think that there was maybe 10-15 other people at the Hilton. ...and if I'm not mistaken -Dec.-March is their main tourist months. Other than that everything is pretty much calm, so if you wanted something more personal with not a lot of tourists, that would be another reason for Cabo, but that depends on your personality along with your wedding party/guests.
        Just some food for thought :)
        Congradulations on the wedding, It'll be a wonderful day, no matter where you end up. best wishes!

#15 kurlyks

• 176 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

Hi there and welcome! I lurked around for a long time too before I joined. I'm also getting married in May 2011 and I'm looking at Dreams Cancun...I'll be in Cancun in 2 weeks for vacation so I'll probably go check it out...happy planning!
          May 7th, 2011 ~ Playacar Palace Resort

#16 dimplz05

• 214 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

Congrats!!! Welcome to the forum! Happy Planning!

#17 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
            • 1,574 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:28 AM

Felicidades and welcome to the forum!!

#18 giraffexx

• 498 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:05 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

#19 AnnaBanana

• 376 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:18 PM

Hi there!
                  Congrats on your engagement! My fiance and I went through the same thing as you, I think. To be honest, I think the seaweed is something that may happen at any of the resorts depending on the weather, time of year, etc. However, most of them have people who come out in the mornings and comb/clean the beaches to avoid that. Perhaps thinking about having a morning wedding might help.
                  Moon Palace is a gorgeous resort. I'm sure you won't go wrong no matter where you choose. However, if it helps you at all - when we were planning our MX wedding (we ended up not being able to have ours there), we were between RIU Palace and Dreams Tulum.
                  Good luck in planning!

#20 Loveisintheair

• 344 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

Welcome. This is the best to be!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users