Photo

Other than Flowers and Parasols what other things can a Wedding party carry?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:45 PM

Hols, have you looked in to a local Costco doing some of the bm bouquets (gerbera daisies) for you? I have heard that their prices are very reasonable. Just a thought! :)

#12 NaM

NaM
    • 2,256 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

This is just an idea in my head but maybe they could carry little pales with flower petals and drop them as the flowers girl would. Then you would have an aisle with lots of flowers and you could use the pales as your centerpieces and put candels or something in there!

#13 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

Kathy reminded me, but my sister made my bouquet for my AHR from a bouquet at Costco. We bought them the day before and she just picked a few of the nicer ones, trimmed the ends and wrapped ribbon around them. They were actually nicer then what I had at the resort. So that would def be a cheap option, and if you are doing all one flower, it doesn't even really take any skill to be able to put them together.

#14 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
        • 653 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

What about those little pomander ball things, similar to what a flower girl would carry?

I've seen some DIY sites that make them with silk flowers or paper/tissue:
          DIY - Pomander Ball - SHARISOSWEET's Black Wedding by Color Blog
          DIY - Crepe Paper Pomander Balls - MISSTIFF's Black Wedding by Color Blog

Hmmm...now I've just given myself another DIY project! lol

btw, I think you can also purchase the bigger ones at Wal-Mart

#15 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
          • Banned
          • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:26 PM

I worked in a floral shop so I have actually dont flowers before but I dont want to add any more DIY but I think I will be on this one.

I was thinking about Sams and Costco today. They actually have really nice flowers!
            I helped do a wedding last year that they got flowers from Sams!

#16 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
            • Banned
            • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NaM
              This is just an idea in my head but maybe they could carry little pales with flower petals and drop them as the flowers girl would. Then you would have an aisle with lots of flowers and you could use the pales as your centerpieces and put candels or something in there!

I wonder if they girls would do this.....I like re-using things for the head table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users