Photo

Other than Flowers and Parasols what other things can a Wedding party carry?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
  • Banned
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

We are doing an indoor wedding and I would LOVE parasols but would it look funny indoors?

If it would what other things can a wedding party carry? Some fun and cheap. Bride on a small budget!

I did find flowers for a good price but still need to cut cost somewhere and flowers would be a start.

Thanks ladies!

#2 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

I saw on FB last week that one of my friends who got married a week before Christmas had her bridesmaids carry big candles. It looked really cool but would only work indoors obviously.

#3 renee1811

renee1811
      • 539 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:14 PM

I saw some bridesmaids carry pretty fans and it looked really nice. They had a ribbon tied around it to match their dresses.

Also, in a bridal magazine, I saw bridesmaids carry lanterns with candles in them. It looked really cool, especially if the wedding is near the ocean!

#4 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
        • Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

We are no longer have a DW so its back home here in MN.

H-Bomb were the candles lit

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

I was going to suggest pretty sandalwood fans as well, saw that before and it looked pretty...

What about doing just a single flower? Like a single rose, daisy, or whatever your fave is? That would def cut costs and I've seen it look nice before too.

#6 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
            • Banned
            • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:25 PM

I do LOVE gerber daisys. I could look into maybe even just three to a BM

#7 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

Yep Holly, they were lit, and were in a lantern thing it looks like, or maybe those are even wine glasses or something? Here is a pic but I have to take it down in like 10 mins since it's stolen from my friend's facebook and I don't want to post it on a forum with no permission. I should also mention that the bride carried a bouquet of just feathers and it looked awesome.

#8 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                • Banned
                • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

Sweet thanks Heather Got the idea now :)

I was looking at a crystal boq or a feather one. I think I need to stop at craft stores tonight after I kidnap my MOH to help me.

#9 Holly22

Holly22
                  • 127 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:45 PM

I'm looking for other ideas as well. I like the single flower idea. Also the fans. Do you know where you would get fans?

#10 bholthof

bholthof
                    • Banned
                    • 323 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

My cousin made bouquets of flowers out of buttons. It looked absolutely fabulous.

But then, her mother had been collecting buttons for years, and had boxes upon boxes of them in the attic - so it was just manpower to create the bouquets.

Still. They looked amazing.
                      21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users