Photo

New govermental fees for Jamaica & Antigua!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

Please be advised effective today, all new Sandals & Beaches wedding bookings for Jamaica and Antigua will reflect the New Government and Administrative Fees.

These changes are as follows:

Jamaica $250.00
    Antigua $500.00

Deposit is $200 within 7 days of booking and final balance due 60 days prior to arrival. Non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival. These fees are waived for Sandals in Concierge Level room 6 nights or more and Premium or higher at Beaches 6 nights or more.

Great news- Fees are also waived once they become a Wedding Group with 5or more rooms through our Group Department with a Code or Contract regardless of room category or number of nights.

#2 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
    • 186 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

Jennifer,

Does this mean that the $200 I sent at the time of booking will be applied to my room balance if I get 5 rooms booked under my group code?

Thanks,
      Stephanie

#3 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
      • 1,047 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Actually it will be refunded after the final is paid by your guests or applied to any additional items that you may chose to purchase for the wedding or spa services! Isn't that great! I was thinking of you when I posted this!

#4 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
        • 186 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:22 AM

This is great news - thanks! I know it is a small amount of money in the long run, but when you're adding up all of the little things for a wedding, everything counts. :)

#5 islandbride317

islandbride317
          • 1,866 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Awesome, Jennifer! Thanks for the head's up....and for being so great about keeping all of the Sandals/Beaches brides-to-be up to date on changes and developments! :)

#6 meseh

meseh
            • 194 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

thanks a lot for sharing this information

#7 saucysimone

saucysimone
              • 18 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:19 AM

This is very helpful information. I wish my own travel agent/destination wedding consultant here in Canada was as on top of things as you are!

#8 baj

baj
                • 1,555 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

thanks for sharing

#9 saucysimone

saucysimone
                  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:04 AM

Hey Jennifer,

I recently checked with my travel agent about the government administrative fees being waived if the wedding group have 5 rooms booked or more and she checked with the Sandals wedding coordinator at Dunn's River (Amber) and she was told that it had to be 10 rooms booked OR 6 nights or longer at the concierge level or higher. Are you certain about this information? Is there a contact name at Sandals that I can refer my agent to check with in order to verify this information? Or has anyone else who have recently had their wedding in Sandals Jamaica had their fees waived with just 5 rooms booked for a wedding?

#10 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                    • 1,047 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

The only thing I can think of is that there may be a different policy for Canadians? I will double check on Monday but the info I received was in an email so I have it in writing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users