Photo

just got engaged....don't know where to have the wedding!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm Anita. I just got engaged over the holidays and we really want to do a destination wedding.....we're still not sure where or when to have it though!

If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it!

#2 RonNMel

RonNMel
    • 388 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

Congratulations! We decided on Cuba for the price and beautiful beaches, and the month of May because of nice weather and lower prices. Look around this forum, and post in the specific destinations sub-forums, I'm sure you'll find plenty of information and people ready to help you. :-)

Have fun planning!

#3 march132010

march132010
      • 1,057 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

Congrats and welcome to the fourm you will find all types of great idea here...

#4 bridej9

bridej9
        • 180 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:07 PM

Congrats and welcome! We choose Mexico, Dreams Puerto Aventuras in April 2010. We wanted something nice and affordable

#5 PynkLemonade

PynkLemonade
          • 350 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:10 PM

I agree with the other girls! Set your budget and then begin researching the places that fall within that range. There is a ton of information here and I am sure you will have no problem deciding on a place. Look at all the details, ex... is the resort all inclusive? will guests need a passport to go to the place you select? how much is the wedding packages and how many guests does it cover? Does the resort communicate well and in a timely manner?

That's just some of my thoughts. Good luck :)

#6 PynkLemonade

PynkLemonade
            • 350 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

I agree with the other girls! Set your budget and then begin researching the places that fall within that range. There is a ton of information here and I am sure you will have no problem deciding on a place. Look at all the details, ex... is the resort all inclusive? will guests need a passport to go to the place you select? how much is the wedding packages and how many guests does it cover? Does the resort communicate well and in a timely manner?

That's just some of my thoughts. Good luck :)

#7 renee1811

renee1811
              • 539 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

congrats and welcome to the forum! I think picking a place is the hardest part of the whole planning process. best wishes, and happy planning :)

#8 SuperKate

SuperKate
                • 752 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

Anita, congrats and welcome to BDW! Good luck planning.

#9 *Linds*

*Linds*
                  • 5,776 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

Hello! Congrats & to the forum! This site helped me so much when it came to narrowing down which resort to choose. If you read the reviews from past brides that went to the resorts you are interested in it will help you tremendously! Good luck!
                    Loving married life! <3

#10 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
                    • 946 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

Thanks Ladies!
                      I'm just learning to navigate around the website, but so far have read plenty of interesting posts!
                      Did anyone find talking to a travel agent helped? I've been trying to do my own research on the internet, but am finding that not all the wedding packages are not desribed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users