good deal on colored sand

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

Hey ladies!

I know a lot of you are planing a sand ceremony at your destination wedding, so I thought I'd share where I found mine. I bought my colored sand at oriental trading company. Copy and paste the link below. If it does not work just go to Party supplies, crafts, party decorations, toys: Oriental Trading and search for craft sand. They do have options to buy a bunch at once, but at the bottom they have the separate ones. I think the containers are a good size (22 oz, i believe). Definitely enough for the sand ceremony.

Craft Sand

They have royal blue, red, white, green, yellow, light pink, light blue sand for $1.99. I think the light orange is $2.49. This seems to be the best price I found and they have a variety of colors.

#2 bridej9

• 180 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

Thanks for the information which leads me to a question of what are you using for a container? I'm thinking I would want something nice that I can keep. Does anyone have photos of what your using?

#3 PynkLemonade

• 350 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the info. I, too, am looking for the vases to use that will be easy to transport without breaking.

#4 Pastryqueen_Tanya

• 417 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

I found some great vases/bottles at Ikea...one large and two smaller matching...it would take a cork to stop the top, but it didnt come with one. I think all together that it was less than $15.
          I also noticed wal mart had craft sand in the back in the scrapbooking aisle...who knew! I bought mine at Micheals with the 50% coupon!

#5 ashleed

• 161 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:44 AM

I am using a vase similar to the one in the front of this picture. I am having our lastname inital etched in the glass so that I can keep it in our home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users