Photo

My colors and I don't match

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hat0112

hat0112
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

Hi ladies! I am having a color dilemma. I have searched through the site and even looked online and I still don’t know what to do.

So about a month ago I decided on having my wedding colors be black, white and silver. I love weddings in those colors and despite having the wedding on a tropical island, I wanted those colors. Well the other day I picked up my dress, veil and tiara and I forgot that it is all ivory and gold. My dress is very ivory with gold embroidery, my veil has gold stitching and my tiara is gold and ivory. I won’t match my own wedding! So I thought about changing the colors to black, white and gold, but my FI (and me) don’t really like that idea.

Should I stick with silver even though I will be ivory and gold or should I just suck it up and change to gold?
    Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#2 sunnyee

sunnyee
    • 112 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

Hmmm, I think I would be inclined to change my colours to black, white and gold.

#3 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
      • 1,114 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

Couldn't you incorporate black white, silver AND gold? you could also incorporate ivory in there, I think it would be a beautiful palate!
        Married to my BEST FRIEND!
        July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
        Non-Pro Pics:
        http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
        Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#4 hat0112

hat0112
        • 1,219 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

Maybe I should change my colors to black, ivory and silver? But I already have my black and white invitations.

I love being a Mrs.!

#5 Sheree10

Sheree10
          • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

whew, I'm so happy to hear that you're having a similar issue! Since day one I've been having an issue deciding on my colors. Why is something that should be so simple made so difficult for us brides? There's so much to think about. FI sometimes looks at me like I'm crazed when I tell him I'm stressing over colors, florals, cakes, etc. Before you make your decision I think you should think about the OVERALL wedding, like what colors you will have for flowers, BM dresses and other decor to see if you can tie them all together.

Good Luck!
            http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#6 TeNeil

TeNeil
            • 192 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

I agree with LadyTrunck.....incorporate all of the colors....I think it will look very elegant.

#7 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
              • 2,754 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

I think you can incorporate all colors. I found this inspiration board using google (it's more gold and not for a DW but it gives you and idea):

Click the image to open in full size.

#8 Kapabel

Kapabel
                • 15 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:20 AM

What about just black and white? Or as someone else suggests, use both gold and silver. Good luck :)

#9 hat0112

hat0112
                  • 1,219 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:18 AM

Ginalyn I like that inspiration board! I forgot about Google. A few weeks ago I searched for inspiration boards for black and white. I need to go back there.

Sheree10 my FI thinks I'm crazy! He doesn't understand all the decisions that need to made for a wedding, destination or not.

Thanks everyone for your input. I am still not sure, but I am starting to lean towards black, ivory, and silver with maybe a touch of gold. You guys may be right, all the colors look nice together. I don’t think I even thought of using all of them since I was thinking it might be too much, but as long as I do it right it should be ok.

Thank you!!!!

I love being a Mrs.!

#10 shellk

shellk
                    • 1,784 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

i dont think you can go wrong with whatever you choose.i think you can be one colour and everything else can be something else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users